Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Correct. I believe he was told to “fuck off back to Clarecastle”

Jesus Christ, that takes batin’ if true

What’s the normal procedure beforehand here? How much time do teams get with the opposition team sheets usually?

When the county secretary gets the opposing team sheet you expect them to hand it over to the county he is involved with straight away. How long they get usually is irrelevant

It is one of the many road blocks Pat put in Lohan’s way this year. There is a litany of them

whatever about impeding Lohan, to put the kitted out team at an immediate disadvantage seems beyond it altogether.

And Lohan + Romer still walked all over em.

1 Like

The county secretary would get it 40 mins before throw in

1 Like

Not surprising, but truly bizarre.

I don’t think Pat was all that bad before Davy took the gig in 2012. He was cantankerous and did things his own way for a long time and doesn’t delegate but for the most part he did an adequate job but I do think Davy getting the gig put him in situations he shouldn’t have been in and compromised him as county secretary from that point on.

The battles Davy took on also became Pat’s battles and when it came to Davy or Clare, Pat has consistently backed his son. Would Davy have acted the same and gotten away with as much if there was a different county secretary in place during his time in Clare?

1 Like

He was fine while Davy was playing…from then on (2007) things seemed to take a turn.

Yeah, that and the fact that Clare started to pick up at underage and were successful due to a handful of men with little interference from the county board as there was no glory in that kind of thing for Pat unless you were winning.

After the 3 in a row under 21 side emerged Pat took a far greater emphasis on minor and under 21 appointments with fellas like Fennessey, Bruiser and Carmody being hand plucked to take over teams at the expense of those who brought the players through the development squads and the results were shocking.

I hope that one of the recommendations of the group is to hand over all power and control for the underage development squads to Donal Moloney and a few more egoless likeminded men

1 Like

Wide at the near post.

1 Like

Fucking Pat and Davy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Oh wow. Just wow… :laughing:

2 Likes

Probably the 4chan Tipp cunt brigade skewed the poll just to wind up @twiceasnice97

He grew up in Killaloe and played underage hurling for Clare, for all that they’re a Limerick family. A few Limerick acquaintances were passing on whatsapps looking for votes funnily enough

Foley unlike Keith Wood always saw himself as more Limerick than Clare. That vote is an embarrassment

What difference in the world does it make? If his family get a bit of craic out of it what harm

2 Likes

Any of the u21 wins were better than that rubbish. The 92 football win means more to Clare people than Munster winning the Heineken Cup ffs. I seriously doubt the varacity of that poll tbh.

Nothing against Foley or his family but its not a Clare Sporting moment.