Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Great to see Davy and the Bridge stamp their authority all over the competition.

The Davy haters are very quiet tonight.

They would have been fully expected to walk the group in fairness. Whichever of Clarecastle, Wolfe Tones or Scariff get second spot will be well beaten come the quarter finals

I’d say there’d have been some adrenaline rush as a young lad playing in a match like that. Minor was it? You know it’s a big game when Dalo is going to war like that.

It was a high scoring classic I believe. Conor Cleary won it with a last second sideline from way out the field for Kilmaley to win the minor a championship by a point

I’d be good friends with a lad who played in that match and he said it was something else.

Clarecastle lost that game but Daly called a meeting with the parents that winter and apologised. He begged to be given another chance which he was given and they won the Minor A the following year.

4 Likes

They must have got sweet f all of that team. Is Bobby Duggan still playing ball @Big_Dan_Campbell

Every club has headtheballs, not many have a Romer

Centre forward tonight.

The rest of that minor team didn’t push on.

Love the way the report lays out the bridge team with a sweeper formation. Top class shithousery.

1 Like

Does he live beside/ near Murty Browne’s? Are they leasing that out still?

A Paudie Fitz overhead pull goal would be a fair sight

2 Likes

He keeps improving.

Where’s the Halloran chap who hurled with Clare last year?

Injured, missed all year with an ankle injury. Cian Galvin a big loss as well

1 Like

He’s running it himself afaik

He must be cleaning up. Has some exposure with the examiner pod.

It’s a bit out of the way but a grand spot, I think it came to him through the wife’s side. He went through the mill when the shop went bust so you wouldn’t begrudge him.

6 Likes

Ya it was tough reading his book regarding the shop. He’s gone from Sars in Galway I think?

With a few weeks yeah, I didn’t hear what the story was there.

Dalo is a grand fella that podcast is great craic himself and Teege would be 2 great lads to go on the batter with could only imagine the stories most of them probably true as well

1 Like