Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Clonlara needed two injury time goals to get by Whitegate. 4-16 to 3-18. Whitegate led by 8 late in the game

O’Callaghan’s Mills, semi finalists in 2019 and finalists in 2020 heading for the relegation play offs

1 Like

Clooney led Newmarket by three going into injury time. A loss would have seen Newmarket head for the relegation play offs. Colin Ryan bangs in two quick fire goals for Newmarket to win by 3 and they end up topping the group.

1 Like

How are Broadford doing these days? They’d have had a tough time recently with the passing of young O’Brien.

What’s going on here lads?

Lost to Cratloe by three today. They are a relatively young and light team compared to the generations that preceded them. A solid senior team who lack a bit of star quality to make the step to challenger

1 Like

Who knows. He has got himself caught in the middle a few times this year which bit him on the arse. Being PRO in Clare is a bit of a waste of time. Not even allowed to announce fixtures until a Thursday evening due to Pat Fitz long standing arrangement with the Clare champion. Backwards auld bullshit

3 Likes

Your man midfield Donnelan is a good yoke, McMahon is a very good club forward but not good enough to lead them far into that championship.

Yeah, Donnellan has plenty of potential. Could be a very solid I/C corner back or midfielder in time.

They have a nice spread of hurlers. Diarmuid Moloney is a lovely hurler but very small. Chaplins aside they lack a bit of cut which they never would have lacked previously.

It is a very small village/catchment area but they have a good spirit and some excellent young coaches in Aenghus and Kieran Corcoran who will see to it that any lad with potential will be developed

Moloney is a lovely hurler but is far too small to do what he does at club level at the higher grade.

Hard to see anything but the bridge again?

What age are Hynes and Burke for Whitegate @Raylan ?

Hynes 21-ish and Burke 3/4 years older I’d be guessing

1 Like

Why werent Ballyea playing the weekend?

That group was held up a week as a result of the funeral of the young fella that was killed in Corfu. Cratloe-Broadford was a catch-up fixture this weekend

Mr Hickey not welcome in Shannon club house again I hear? Gave the magpies a 65 which cost Tones the match apparently and the whole ground could see it was a wide.

A great man, talk is he is taking on a prominent underage role next year.

4 Likes

SFC
Miltown 3 - 05 Cooraclare: 0 - 07
Ennistymon: 3 - 06 Cratloe: 1 - 07
Kilmihil 1 - 09 Doonbeg 0 - 11

Inter:
Michael Cusacks 5 - 16 Liscannor 0 - 06

Junior A:
Clooney-Quin 2 - 09 Kilkee 1 - 06
Ballyvaughan 1 - 08 Killimer 0 - 09
Kilmurry-Ibrickane 2 - 11 Miltown Malbay 0 - 06
Ennistymon 0 - 18 Clondegad 1 - 06

Junior A Relegation:
Cratloe 0 - 16 Cooraclare 1-8

Junior B Final: Parteen 3 - 09 Kilrush 1 - 4

2 Likes
1 Like

The laziest fucker in IC hurling. He wanders out from full forward with the Hurley dragging behind him. He would not see a minute of game time for me anyway.

3 Likes