Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Ah he was great craic in college. Top man.

Haven’t seen him much since bar a quick “hello” here and there at a Tipp match and a few interactions on Facebook.

1 Like

Don’t SMB have some former international athlete who’s employed by the club now to work on the players at all ages running technique?

That’s Timmy Crowe I’d imagine, but that’s not remotely a fulltime gig

They’ll have plenty time to practice their running now anyway.

TK looked to be moving grand in Buffs snaps but obviously he’s not right. Disaster for Ballyea without him surely

Boyles have Inamona, Eire Og and Ballyea all 15/8 to win it out. Newmarket 7/1.

Hard to see how Ballyea are such a price without Kelly.

They looked like they were short a few other than Kelly yesterday also.

Inamona won’t be beaten I hope. The 2 McCarthys are great bits of stuff. Some point by Fitz in first half also.

You would think it is their year alright but Eire Og are a fairly athletic and physically strong team and I would have it as a 50/50 game. Eire Og age profile would be that bit older while Inamona likely to be thereabouts for the next few years.

I believe Fergal Hegarty’s younger son is supposed to be an unbelievable prospect coming through in a few years time.

Easier said than done but if SOD is off then the townies are far too reliant on Russell or Reidy bailing them out . IK far more rounded team and I hope can challenge the Bridge for many years to come. Wouldn’t begrudge Éire Og winning it either, really should have done so last year

Be interesting to see how much longer the Bridge keep going. Age profile of the team is nearly all late 20s or early 30s now and already have their medals in the pockets

They are still more than the sum of their parts, even without Kelly they’ll be hard bate on any kind of dirty day

South Clare teams in decline ??? 6MB : Clon : Tones and Craatloe all gone . East Clare badly represented too

Cratloe largely in the same boat, and Clonlara’s golden generation will be moving on shortly. There’s a sense of a changing of the guard in both codes this year

Cratloe are coming to the end of a cycle - Cathal Mc, Sean Collins, Conor McGrath, Markham all around 30 now while they have a few other lads older again. It is a small parish so will do well to be senior when them lads start moving on.

Clonlara are a young team aside from two or three big names. Will be a solid senior team for the next decade but lack the quality to win it out.

Bridge coming to the end of a cycle after 7 or 8 good years.

Inamona v Townies
Ballyea v Newmarket

Who knocked the Bridge out?

Eire og

1 Like

Decent work gone into that. Wonder who funded the bits that probably had to be paid for.

The first six pages make for fairly embarrassing reading. A bad run family business would have more structure and accountability to their dealings.

Michael O’Connor took a sabbatical from the PRO for a month or so there lately after an admonishing from Pat. His crime was setting up a WhatsApp group to allow club secretaries notify him of squad lists for programmes and results of game and make everyone’s life easier

He was told in no uncertain terms that club secretaries should only communicate with the county secretary and nobody else in relation to this. Why would you bother