Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Daly’s in Ballynacally is the Ballyhea pub.

Won’t be a cow milked in Ballyea/Clondegad/Lissycasey/Kilmihil/Cooraclare/Coolmeen/Ballynacally for at least a week.

I must have got that from three different Clarecastle men this eve

1 Like

It’s killing our newest Intermediate club that the feeder club are the well fed now.

1 Like

The Goodhouse in Inagh is mobbed. Somber mood but community really together. Just didn’t play to par today and saw finish line too early after going two points up. Really froze when win was in sight. Had they snuck extra time they would have won it I reckon. Just the extra nous and experience on Ballyhea panel was the difference really.

The gas thing is had Pa Kelly not saved the pen in semi the townies are saying they would have done the double

Is their more players from Inagh or Kilnamona playing?

Inagh by a good bit. Traditionally wouldn’t have been the case

They may focus on maters closer to home the clarecastle boys

1 Like

On the balance of play and possession, I-K were probably haunted to have been ahead for as long. Felt like they were cleaned out on their own puckouts, the half-forward line (bar Hegarty in patches) wasn’t really in it. Lohan probably wouldn’t have seen much to please him today.

Just caught up on Buffs snaps. I don’t know how you become a winner, but winners win. Ballyhea dug it out, even when they were fucking it away. Some going without TK. I’d say that was a little motivation for them to show they weren’t a wan man show.

In fairness while Kelly is head and shoulders their star turn they have a team full of high character lads like Paul Flanagan, Jack Browne, the two Brennan’s, Brandon O’Connor and James Murphy who relish a battle, Inamona are team of lovely hurlers but need a few more warriors. Having a handful of lads who are senior I/C footballers also helps even just from a conditioning perspective.

Eire Og will be kicking themselves, they could well have done the double

1 Like

I don’t expect ballygunnar to be too worried. It’s falling lovely for them this year

Same was said in 2018, Ballyea were down a good number of lads from the 2016 team who got to the A/I final yet they lost by 3 in extra time. Ballygunnar will have too much but home advantage and winter conditions will make it a closer game than the bookies think

Kind of but Ballyea were so blunt in attack it looked like a 2 point lead would be too big a gap for them to close. Only when they ran the ball from the middle did they look like scoring. The dominance of the Ballyea half-backline was ridiculous though. No IK player able to win the ball and use it, whereas every Ballyea player seemed capable of finding a man.

That Cathal O’Connor score broke the dam. He had missed several easier chances then he puts one over from the sideline under pressure. Fair character in that.

1 Like

The sub who scored with his first touch right on final water break I thought was biggest score of game, they had about 7 wides prior to it.

Was that Morgan Garry? He had an impact every day he came in

1 Like

Surely Kelly should have held off his operation? In my opinion Ballyea have way more chance of winning an all ireland than Clare have. Strange move and not good form.

Maybe playing on could have done irreparable damage ???

By the sounds of it got it done to be right for Clare next year but you could be right.