Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

Munster Club titles are hard won.

It must break their hearts though that they havenā€™t won another couple for all the big performances they have put in and games they have won. The likes of Mahony x 2, Oā€™Keefe, Coughlan etc. must have won in excess of 10 Munster Club games in their careerā€™s with one medal to show for it. By contrast there are lads from Borrisilieigh with just 2 wins and the same amount of medals.

2011, 2014 and 2019 were definitely oneā€™s they left behind but at least they keep coming back I suppose.

How dare Tony Kelly clearly play injured for his club, then go have an obviously needed operation, and all the while he in the management team for his club helping them win only their third ever county title.

Some fellas on here are seriously gas cunts.

It was a new injury that has kept him sidelined. It was the same bone in his other leg he broke on his return from injury.

1 Like

Mike Gough, Robin Mounsey, Bradley Higgins, Cian Broderick, Patrick Crotty and Darren Oā€™Brien added to the senior hurling panel.

Stephen Oā€™Halloran, Liam Corey, Colin Guilfoyle, Eamonn Foudy and Ross Hayes all dropped.

Peter Duggan also back on the panel

Since he gave up the cycling

Duggan returning is a big boost for Clare.

Whatever became of Bobby Duggan?

Still hurling for Clarecastle and standing out. Probably brought in too soon and was given game time before it was really earned/ready for it and seemed to lack the hard edge needed for I/C. Think was involved in the early stages of Oā€™Connor/Moloney and Lohanā€™s reigns but didnt last long. Doubt he has much interest in I/C now if he was asked back

Shame, I thought he was shaping up to be a star when he was 18 or 19.

I see Dunhill are odds on to beat Smith Oā€™Briens in Ennis tomorrow. Surprised by that, long enough trip for the away side and Smith Oā€™Briens are a dogged enough outfit who the conditions will suit. Tommy Reddan is an excellent free taker for them too

Would you know much about the Dunhill team other than they have to make a long trip?

1 Like

Yano the lad who was full forward and put up a huge score in one of the club games? Think Rodgers was his name? Is he knocking around the panel

He was one of the first if not the first sub on in the forwards last year

1 Like

I see didnā€™t know that

Dunhill wouldnt br hectic. Think bookies have made an error here.

Not a huge amount but having to travel away to play 1pm on a Saturday on a bitterly cold day after an 8 week + lay off isnā€™t ideal. Was surprised they were odds on favourites all things considered.

Dunhill would be modest enough. They merged with Bonmahon (I think) a couple of years back. They go as Dunhill in hurling and Bonmahon in the football. Have a few useful players now as a result.

Theyā€™d have quite a strong spine to the team, Michael Harney at 6 who has minor and u21 AIs, Eamon Murphy at 11 who has a Munster minor medal from 09 and was on/off the senior panel for a few years. Shane Casey at 14 is their target man, son of Tom Casey the manager and Waterford hurler of the 80ā€™s, was on the Waterford panel under Davy. solid enough club players the rest of the field. I dunno their travel arrangements but perhaps they stayed overnight.

2 Likes

I guess the bookies were right!

1 Like

Scary stuff. Hope heā€™s ok now.