Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

What’s this about?

They decided to change/finalise the rules of the relegation round robin after half the games were played. As Crusheen were relegated on points difference they appealed.

They were dead right too. A complete fuck up. They lost by 8 the first day to C/Q but were going for goals to try and get back into in in the last 10 minutes when if the finalised rules were known at the time they may well have looked to take their points.

Assume they will just run a 18 team championship next year and relegate three teams

1 Like

We are staying up!

WE ARE STAYING UP!

1 Like

Convention taking place tonight. There seems to be a lot of politicking going on behind the scenes.

Jack Chaplin looks as though he will be one and done as chairman. He was seen as a new broom but has really disappointed. His inability to find out when Pat Fitz’s contract ended immediately undermined him and then he went a made a balls of the Covid saga and gave a tour of Caherlohan as part of the Fitz party political broadcast by Vincent Hogan. Vice Chair Kieran Keating is expected to topple him, he seems to be a lot more savvy and has played a big part in the strategic review.

Vice Chair is wide open.

Colm Collins is actively campaigning to get Michael Gallagher removed as treasurer. Gallagher was going to be under pressure regardless due to his pig headedness but I wouldn’t be surprised if he withdraws as he is a dead duck. There is a joint female ticket expected to get the treasurer/vice treasurer gig.

Expect the Chair and Secretary to slam social media in their addresses to grab the headlines rather than address some of their shortcomings this year.

1 Like

Keats is a Chartered Accountant sure. He’d have to be savvy.

2 Likes

I have the champagne on ice here

1 Like

Hope to have a pint with both Jack and Colm over the Xmas in Setrights. Two characters and am particularly fond of Jack.

Poor auld Pat and modern technology

He is in. 105-74

1 Like

Did the two clubs in question have a vote?

Did the national Congress not rule the max teams competing at senior level would be 16 going forward?

Supposed to be in place for 2023

What’s the rationale behind this move? I mean letting the two teams stay up

Crusheen had taken their case to Munster and been found to be in the right, was referred back to Clare to sort it out. Sounds like the new chairman made promises to the relegated teams for votes, awkward start for him. It is still probably as well to drive on with 18 for next year rather than get bogged down further in it.

2 Likes

I see major trouble in Sixmilebridge.

Funnily enough I think relegation may have been good for the Magpies, they have some good youngsters who would benefit greatly from a promotion push