Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

I presume there will be no sort of performance appraisal?

Youā€™d have to feel for Shane Oā€™Donnell. Heā€™d be a multiple all star under Cody.

Able to win his own ball, fast, great eye for goal, etc.

Kelly would be HOTY or gone completely.

:grinning:

:astonished:

@carryharry apologise to @The_Most_Infamous

1 Like

ā€œIā€™m doing a good job, amnā€™t I Daddy?ā€
ā€œYes darlingā€

4 Likes

+1

Ahem.
I am blue in the face from saying this about him and many many other GAA Coaches.

I completely understand it.
I had a football team absomutely ruined last year because of what the hurlers were doing.

Not all football coaches know what they are doing but the ignorance is especially strong in hurling.

The 31 is a bit of a misnomer and I wouldnā€™t be surprised that it is mentioned at every opportunity for optics so it seems that the money the American backers put forward is being put to good use when in reality it is mainly going into Davy and Og Cusackā€™s pockets. Iā€™d say it isnā€™t massively bigger than any year previously under Davy which would have been in the 20s at least

There are 2 involved in S&C, 4 in medical (3 physios and a doctor), the manager and 4 selecters (Brown, Mulqueen, Kinnerk, Cusack) and Oā€™Brien and Bulfin in the coaching.

Add to that Fergal Lynch and Mike Deegan who are only involved on match days. Lynch as a Hurley carrier and Deegan in the stand/media box with 4 lads doing stats.

Add to that you have Davyā€™s auld lad as Secretary/Liaison and Mark Dunphy on PR and Davyā€™s young lad as a hurley carrier.

On top of that there are 5 or 6 former refs who act as goffers setting up cones and laying out gear and just being general hangers on and sit in the dug out on match days. Add in a masseuse and Darren Ward who was Davyā€™s PT and is involved in some capacity and you are close to 30. Not all are at every session.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a fucking ridiculous circus in fairness. Davy be all out to manage them not to mind deal with the players as well.

With that many hangers on I would think its impossible to maintain maintain clear consistent message. Not to mention the potential for everyone to be trying to add their own bit bit value, even if only a quiet word in a players ear or something. Lot of experienced coaches in there too. Banannas stuff altogether

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair old list all the same, even if you leave it at selectors and coaches.

Thatā€™s the thing, innit? If wealthy benefactors are donating substantial amounts of money to county boards under the pretence of it being for general hurling development reasons but when itā€™s actually to fund management teams (long sentence will continue after upcoming comma), then these same management teams have skin in the game and will want to cling onto their regular income flow. This isnā€™t limited to one county either. These payments need to either stop or be properly accounted for in the books.

6 Likes

If the spoofing cunt had the gumption to explain himself I may have considered it, he was spouting shite as usual without having any evidence to back it up.

Now imagine that circus under the control of an individual with no management skills and the maturity of a 12 year old.

3 Likes

Great post chewie.
How the could you operate a session with those numbers all over the place.
Sure if Davy has a plan. Itā€™s just as simple as getting them into a small corner of the field and explain, practice and execute. Simple. Have it in your head. Get them to do it.
Cunts looking on would only distract players.

Like how you thought Clare would win, then Galway would fuck it away, then the ref was riding Clare, and no one agreed with you and you had no evidence to back it up?

3 Likes

It provides a veneer of professionalism, and as Puke says appropriate optics for people who are sinking their own money into a project. The irony is that under a controlling & interfering manager the majority of that staff have at best marginal input anyway. Joe Oā€™Connor and Paul Kinnerk used to spend most of their time coming up with ways to sell Davy the notion that their ideas were actually his own. Zero chance of implementation otherwise.

If what youā€™re saying is true, and I donā€™t doubt you, how do people put up with it? Like after the 3rd year in a row of hammerings, and thatā€™s what a good few of them were, do players not say to themselves, hold on a minute, this plan is fucking lunacy?

I donā€™t recall Cody, or Oā€™Grady, Allen, Loughnane, Sheedy, etc every being particularly close to players. Surely thatā€™s a total no-no in management?

Does the man have any sort of a qualification on the training side of things?

Ah i love being vindicated. As i see so far into the future sometimes it can take a while, but worth the wait.

Iā€™m here patiently waiting for someone to come and say ā€œKev you were right, davy is a complete bluffer and will ruin this teamā€.

1 Like

Kev you were right,Davy is a complete bluffer and has ruined this team.

3 Likes