Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

Flesh that out for me

1 Like

Completely. Pundits shouldnā€™t be the arbiters. Dangerous precedent.

Anyway, the game was hard but fair. The way it should be

2 Likes

I want to see the strike from Flanagan.

Duggan is making a run Finn ties him up in the same manner which Malone does to Flanagan both strike the grappler in frustration.

Could ye sit down together and decide which way ye want it, and then stick to that

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t call that ā€œinitiating the strikeā€ personally

I think Clare have been ridden here and that is the last I will say on it.

Honestly think Duggan is wasted in FF anyway. Works hard, I guess, but was very poor both days against Limerick.

Rodgers or Meehan at FF would be way more of a threat, and Duggan would be way better out the field.

I donā€™t think they was any clamour from Limerick people for suspensions after the match. We know only too well how easy it is for a player to fall foul of the disciplinary system in the GAA. Even without touching his opponent

Duggan is excellent under high ball. He justs needs to release to player off his shoulder. He gives another option to outfield players. Yes, he would be better at half forward but who then plays full forward that can field high balls?

2 Likes

Surely that tweet is WUM

If your FF canā€™t also win low ball into the corner, heā€™s not really worth a fuck for the handful of high balls that will be played in.

Duggan caught one ball across 160 minutes against Limerick, and was immediately hooked. That is not getting the most out of him.

Mike Casey absolutely destroyed Duggan. Iā€™d agree and would play Duggan further out. Especially if/when they come up against Limerick again. A more mobile guy would give Casey way more problems. He loves putting big lads in his pocket (cc Johnny Glynn).

His workrate is excellent also, and Id imagine that is another reason he is placed there. Having all inside forwards that are similar just wont do.

Clare normally accept any suspensions gracefully and donā€™t drag it out. As unfair as it is, youā€™d expect them to not create a further fuss over this.

2 Likes

I acknowledge his work rate is good, but arguably thatā€™s worth even more out the field. Another big man tearing into fellas out there, another puckout option, also allowing him to get on more ball.

I didnā€™t think Galvin or Reidy were great when inside either. Meehan is decent in the air for someone who isnā€™t the biggest. Rodgers is more of a goal threat than any of the others.

1 Like

I agree that he would be better at half forward but they dont have anyone else to fill the role they want at full forward. When they took him off the last day, it was crying out for a like placement such as Shanagher.

Has CianƔn Fahy been dealt with also?

I said earlier in the week that the Clare players would be collateral damage as the Fahy incident ad to be addressed.

2 match ban see the King Henry thread