Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

I’d say it is due to the fact that there is very little chance that is the starting team going off every other team announcement so far this year

1 Like

A Parteen man on the panel… it’s been a while I’d say?

Joe O’Connor was on the panel in sparrow’s time. Would be back 40 years since they had a lads seeing solid gametime.

Kirwin has potential but is raw, looks the making of a powerful athlete

1 Like

Ivan Conway knocked around training panels under Davy I’m sure

You’ve started telling a story in a roundabout way here

It’s not my story to tell

1 Like

I doubt it as he would have been the wrong side of 30 by the time davy took charge in 2012

I have the timings wrong so but he was on a training panel I’m sure of it.

Himself and Robert Conlon from Parteen both would have hurled intermediate with Clare and were probably on extended panels at some point in the early/mid 2000

1 Like

Went into limerick last night, was gonna post updates but couldn’t get in here. We looked over trained but found out a lot. Cian Galvin has to be phased in so he is ready to start in championship

He’s looked an out and out centreback, not sure if he can be phased in at wingback to get up to speed either

Clare 3-10 Wexford 1-4 after 20 minutes. Clare close to full strength and playing with the breeze

Eamonn Foudy’s puckouts have been excellent by the sounds of it. He was excellent in goal in the Munster league - he could well push Quilligan for the number one spot.

Good to see him go well after getting a bit of a blsckguarding at club level the last few years

1 Like

Clare 4-14 Wexford 1-6 at the half hour

Rate him alright. Great PO. Quilligan has never convinced me.

Lovely fella to boot. A great supporter of our road hurling tournament every Wren day.

4 Likes

Clare 4-17 Wexford 1-6 at h/t

I think Quilligan has improved a lot since getting his chance, his puckouts were of a high standard last year. He can make some outstanding saves but is liable to drop one into his net occasionally though like Tipp and Wexford last year

3-10 on the scoreboard before first wide - 11 different scorers with Aidan Mc top scorer with 1-8.

Three of the four goals coming from the forwards forcing turnovers. Granted Wexford are missing a lot of big guns and Clare have their big names back but looks like there was a reaction from the lack of workrate v limerick

What happened to him at club level?

Mind your own business

5 Likes