Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

Youā€™ve mixed me up with @Massey and @bigrifter who are huge fans of Benny the Cap.
Theyā€™re convinced Iā€™ve misread Benny for years and there may be something in it.
Weā€™re actually as bad as when Benny was driving the bus which tells itā€™s own sorry tale.

2 Likes

A right Iā€™m alright Jack, at a time when men were needed to stand up for the greater good he and his club mate cosied up to the crime family and did their bidding in the media due to minor grievances with Lohan. It wonā€™t be forgotten

I know youā€™re probably mainly a hurling man but thatā€™s still very harsh on him. He took Clare from being stranded in Div 4 and transformed them into a solid division 2 team. 2 All-Ireland quarter-final appearances, a Munster Final appearance and some lovely scalps over the years. Heā€™d be an asset to virtually an inter-county football set-up in the country. Roscommon will be glad to see the back of him.

2 Likes

The stickball merchantā€™s are seething with Collins.Hed probably make a good replacement for Lohan if theyā€™re bet next week.

2 Likes

Get off the fence therešŸ¤£

A true Gael. Sure didnā€™t his son even star for the hurlers in the 2013 success. Heā€™ll be a huge loss for them.

1 Like

Two sons hurled for Clare. Sean was MOTM v Limerick in 2012.

1 Like

100%.A proper Gael doesnā€™t put one sport over the other or make players choose.They give the player the tools to make their own choice. Dinosaurs who would puncture footballs or fire sliotars into the hedge cause more youngsters to quit the games than anything else.

3 Likes

The hurling snobs preferred when the football was shit and it allowed them to be fully focused on being a mediocre hurling county.

11 Likes

Limerick are no different lad.

1 Like

Sure donā€™t I know that as well as anyone

3 Likes

Iā€™d say Colm Collins never picked @Big_Dan_Campbell for a Clare u14s team 20 years ago and itā€™s still hurting

8 Likes

Davy won them an All Ireland and sure you see the way they treat him. An angry bunch.

3 Likes

Iā€™d have been 17 at the time. It was quite the dent to my confidence not making that under 14 team

1 Like

Lads aping the likes of Tom Ryan by saying theyā€™d bursht every football around the place,who incidentally were tearing down to Munster finals against Kerry not so long ago would sicken your shit.

2 Likes

Youā€™re out of the corner swinging tonight a chara. Battering all around you. :+1::boxing_glove:

1 Like

Collins did some job with Clare. I think part of his deal was that got everything the hurlers got when Davy had an unlimited budget.

Iā€™d have him the Tipp job in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Oh no Iā€™ve already made a phone call

It seems that Colm Collins is an alright sort and @Big_Dan_Campbell is a hurling snob.

The wannabe Kerrymen in west Clare propped up the criminals for decades in the boardroom. Football in Clare is a sham