Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

There will be club teams stronger than the Clare football team next year

1 Like

It’s the other news I’m on about. The Clare Times might have the scoop.

I don’t pay heed to anything that fruit-loop comes out with

SFC Grp 3

Kildysart 0-13
Lissycasey 0-8

Cratloe 2-11
Ennistymon 2-5

Last year’s Inter champs Kildysart top the group, Cratloe (Conor Ryan made a scoring return to senior football off the bench) go through in second. Preliminary 1/4 final spot for Lissycasey while Ennistymon go from last year’s final to a deserved relegation playoff spot.

SFC Grp 1

St Breckans 2-6
Corofin 1-6

Kilmurry-Ibrickane 0-17
St Joseph’s D-B 0-12

SFC Grp 2

Eire Og 0-11
Doonbeg 0-5

St Joseph’s M-M 1-11
Clondegad 1-9

Doonbeg will playoff against Lissycasey for the last 1/4 final spot.

Kilmurry-Ibrickane, Eire Og and Kildysart through as group winners. St Breckans, Miltown Malbay and Cratloe through as runners up and Doora-Barefield get through as the lucky third team.

Relegation is between Ennistymon, Clondegad and Corofin, fixtures to be determined.

Popped up on timeline last night. Had a very quick flick through it, 30.25 the full back is filth :sweat_smile: The second time was proper snakey.

SFC 1/4 finals
St Breckan’s v Lissycasey
Doora Barefield v Eire Og
Kildysart v Miltown.
Kilmurry-Ibrickane v Cratloe.

SHC 1/4 finals
Clonlara vs. Eire Og
Scariff v Clooney Quin
Feakle v Kilmaley
Newmarket v Crusheen

1 Like

Would townies for the double be worth a punt?

Open draw for the semis. Eire Og are still the team ti beat, a lot of question marks around the other teams. If Clon get over them then they will have serious momentum

Yes

1 Like

SHC Relegation

SJ Doora-Barefield vs Wolfe Tones
Clarecastle vs The Mills

Two down?

Yeah, still catching up from the no-relegation year

1 Like

Mills will be expected to beat Clarecastle, I presume?

What about the other one, who would be favourites? Tones would have a few bigger names on paper but don’t seem to be firing at all?

The Mills had a good league and got a championship win to finish their group, you’d imagine they’ll keep their eye on the ball for this.

Barefield were missing a few of their better young lads this year and they still look a bit lightweight for Senior. Tones might shade that but you couldn’t say there’s much between them.

Clonlara are my dark horses for the hurling.

How would Newmarket be rated? A bit of pedigree there that could carry them?

God will be in his heaven come October.

They’re out from the long grass now.

Hard working team probably greater than the sum of their parts. Won a lightweight group.
Peter Power is their best forward, Colin Ryan is still pucking ball but wouldn’t stand out.

Should beat Crusheen handily