Clare Gaa šŸ Thread mark II

Gone in as coach with Mark Fitzgerald.

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably as good as we could have hoped for really

Player revolt in Shannon. Conor Dolan gone in advance of their relegation match!

Youā€™d think theyā€™re too good to go down in fairness.

The lads that have left have been long term allies of Lohan. Lohan doesnā€™t strike me as a fella who would be networking in the same way other managers would so it will be interesting to see who they come up.

Adrian Oā€™Brien gone. Was disillusioned with Lohan year.

2 Likes

Heā€™s needed at home

2 Likes

Heā€™d be a big loss to them, heā€™s excellent.

Would be hoping a role will be found for him within the Limerick set up over the next while.

1 Like

Probably getting difficult to be involved in a hurling set up with his sonā€™s involvement with limerick. Would be surprised if some football team doesnā€™t approach him

Jp finishing off the the development in Inagh I hear

Clare will be fine roundy men without the Limerick man looking after them come the first round

He had a big rubby role. Much needed

Does that say a lot about Lohan in a negative way; the turnover in his main S&C Coach?

Hard to know, most counties turn over these roles regularly enough. Oā€™Brien apparently wanted more of an input into the actual hurling coaching. I would guess that this is more of a consultancy scenario rather than hands-on

1 Like

There were migrating circumstances in most of them - Carr left due to his frustration with the old executive and not getting paid on time and being left in arrears. Both Hassett and Carmidy took on expanded roles - Cahill tried to get Hassett into the Tipp set up last year but stayed when offered a more hands on coaching role.

I wonder did Oā€™Brien not work out due to their being other qualified S&C men involved who have the managers ear. Canā€™t be easy when the last fella is still involved.

Is Shane Hassett still involved?

Edit: didnā€™t see him in your post.

What is his role exactly?

I donā€™t know exactly but he is listed as a selector with Moran, Ralph and Treacy all year so he obviously has a voice in relation to team selection

Heā€™s doing a fine job with Toomevara too.