Group 1
Clarecastle, Ruan, Barefield 2 and Smith O’Briens

Group 2
Sixmilebridge 2, Tubber, Ogonnalloe, Newmarket 2

Group 3
Wolfe Tones, Broadford 2, Killenana, Bodyke

Group 4
Tulla, Parteen/Meelick, Whitegate, Inamona 2

Realistically Clarecastle, Wolfe Tones and Tulla are the main players here, the likes of Smith O’Briens, Whitegate and Parteen/Meelick all with an outside chance. Inamona and Sixmilebridge would be the pick of the second teams but Inamona have a tough draw. I’d expect Tones and the Bridge to progress in group 2.

Ruan and SOB along with P/M and Whitegate scrapping to get out of their respective groups.

Think Wolfe Tones should be winning this with a spine of the two Lohan’s, two Cunningham’s, Shanagher and Rory Hayes.

I believe that next year that the intermediate and Junior A championships are to be redrawn and split into 3 with a premier intermediate of 10 teams and intermediate championship of 12 teams. Would be a far better competition as there is a big gap between the top 4 and bottom 4 at this level.

The Banner surely win the junior A this year with Kilroy from the under 20s to help Meehan.

1 Like

Broadford 2-17 Fireballs 0-19

Sixmilebridge 1-18 Barefield 1-12

Did Malone play?

Centre forward

Derek Fahey has held onto the number 1 jersey ahead of Mark Sheedy, be interesting to see if Sheedybis starting for the inters as Colm Fitz has been in goal for them all year.

My man on the ground tells me Eoghan Gunning added great pazzazz in Clonlara last night at corner back for Broadford bursting out with balls throughout

1 Like

Any fireworks between Broadford and The Mills?

No, them days are long gone.

Broadford are a top of the ground team these days and lacking any real axe men. The Mills would be similar as well.

I think the fact that there had been far more cross pollination of these lads hurling together at colleges, third level and development squad levels means that there isn’t anywhere near the bite of 30 years ago.

I was surprised to rock into a bar in Cork the night before the Clare match down there to find half the Clonlara, Sixmilebridge and Broadford senior teams all down together as one group for the weekend. Wouldn’t have happened 15 years ago.

1 Like

I watched the Broadford game. They were the better team.

Gunning is some hurler. Won his battle with Cleary. O’Farrell from the 20s did serious damage too. Mills were disappointing to put it mildly but perhaps unlucky not to get a goal late on that would have put them level. Broadford stepped back

1 Like

Any old timers still hurling for Broadford?

Their intermediate team still had Aenghus O’Brien, Padraig Hickey, Kieran Corcoran etc or at least were part of the junior a winning team last year.

Craig Chaplin is still going strong for the seniors.

1 Like

Cathal Chaplin isnt an old timer but he went well last night

Conor Cleary at full forward for Kilmaley - he is some animal

Kilmaley hammered Corofin who I expected more from.

Feakle and Crusheen with tight wins over Cratloe and Newmarket respectively.

Halftime
Scarriff 0-12
Inaghmona 0-10

IK with the breeze second half

Inamona with the wind to come and no Aidan McCarthy or Keith White starting. Two big players to be missing.

Inagh Kilnamona the same as always, gang of individual with no attitude, Scariff out working them all over the field and lead by 6 with 5 left.

Inamona playing with a gale yet playing everything short and sideways

Scariff quite impressive, well drilled and look a slick enough outfit. Patrick Crotty with 6 from play and only for a fine save from Foudy denied a certain goal. His younger brother Liam hit 4 as well. Rodgers was well marshalled but it didn’t matter.

Inamona very disappointing

Scariff 0-24 Inamona 0-20

Hard to understand what’s wrong with them. They’ve been the same way for years and years. Don’t seem capable of developing grafters.

Full Time

Clooney Quin 3-13
Éire Óg Inis 1-20

Eire Og edge Clooney Quin by 1 - Clooney got a late goal but the townies hit two points in injury time to win it.