Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

What’s the story with this?

Is the regrading system not the same across the country? Surely if he’s not playing senior, he can play junior or whatever?

No, fairly draconian in Clare, can be very hard to simply just drop from senior to junior b.

If a club’s second team is intermediate or one level below the first then no real issues, but there are dozens of regrading every year rejected

I know it’s not a case that every person on a county board is a moron, but it always reminds me of the people that do be in Student Unions in College etc.

Similar with boards of Golf Clubs. Always the most miserable people and the sound ones get rode.

Are ye never not fighting? And they say Davy is contrary!

There was one year there (2021 or 2022 i think) where Inagh Kilnamona went with 2013 All Ireland winning goalie Pa Kelly for their Senior team in Championship, and Eamon Foudy who was on the Clare panel at the time, could’t even play Intermediate because he had played Senior Championship the year before

Is a simple rule that a club nominates 15 or 18 players depending on the county. Once the first round of the senior/intermediate championships are played then players can drop down a grade or two if a club has three teams, there’s odd cases of clubs taking the biscuit early on but in general once the business end of competitions take place it’s evened itself out.
Junior clubs often feel hard done by if they are beaten in an opening round or round 2 game.

Kilkenny have a weird grading system that I don’t understand but you’ll have some clubs with half their first team playing second team league the year after.

The two walkouts are around a long time and very much old guard members. Last of the bloodletting

Was the PRO the wan who made the social media graphics and videos or was that the PR committee?

It 1000% wasn’t Anne anyway

3 Likes

That whole PRO story is kind of sad. People like Anne have done trojan work for the gaa over the years but in the social media age they are getting ‘squez out’ to quote the great Sean Kelly.

Figured as much.

Meh - Ann is a garden variety stook

1 Like

The last sting of the Pat Fitz era.

Keats cleaning house

Any more left to go?

I’d say that’s the last of the Fitz loyalists anyway. There would still be a fair electoral quota between them though if they want to make waves

Top table cleared out, still a good few relics as delegates though

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ahhhhhh

Easy from the cheap seats

That was a student