Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

Who got the student involved

Not sure how it works. Internship anyway (Marketing)

A great move all the same. I reckon it got Clare over the line

1 Like

Is Lohan going to stay on as manager?

I have a feeling he might step aside

I’d say a Munster title is an itch that needs scratching still

yep struck my mind as well, only for that itch I d be certain he d step aside

Is is a stretch too far and a bit mad to say that Clare would prefer to nail Munster next year rather than win the all ireland if given the choice?

Much wants more, if they get to have that problem

That’s insane. Not a chance.

Has one more year left on his term.

In one sense he has his time done and A/I won and children starting to progress towards adult games and may well step down after 2025 and 6 seasons.

On the other hand there is a real quality group of players in the county between 16 and 21 and he has shown a great ability in player development and may well want another term to see what he can do with such raw materials.

Hed be nuts to go now I think. While LK amd Cork will rightly be major contenders Clare are too and the wheel turning this year sets him up.

Huge experience in the squad and youth filtering through.

Its not so much about itches to scratch but moreso the prospect of fastening this group’s legacy.

He might go. There are cohort that are close to retiring I’d say.

Conlon has a year max left. David McInerney while still young has miles on the clock and a lot of injuries. Malone is in his twilight years while SOD has hinted he has little time left.

As an aside there were rumours circling yesterday that SOD was going to transfer to Cuala next year.

He might well go with the older cohort retiring, but there’s a lot of value in him overseeing the transition to a new team. Held in the highest esteem in the county and will be able to ride out a few bad seasons, has high standards and expectations, and has brought the few talented youngsters available to him along well. Might not be the same backroom team but if he wants to do it he could be there for another 5/6 years.

Halftime

Ballyea 0-10*
Clooney-Quin 0-7

*possibly 0-11, awaiting clarification

11 to 8 but there seems to be some controversy over it.

Ballyea with the breeze first half.

42 gone

Ballyea 0-14
Clooney-Quin 0-10

Ballyea win by two, Clooney had a goal chance at the death to win it

Ballyea by two. Old dogs and hard roads etc

Whitegate beating Tulla in the intermediate is a mild enough shock given the small pick and lads that that have lost over the past few years.

Ruan and Parteen-Meelick with good wins too.

Halftime
Crusheen 1-8
Sixmilebridge 0-8