Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

:cry:

Best team left in it.

Inagh/Kilnamona
Feakle
Bridge
Cratloe

Maybe on a good day. They’re probably the least consistent also.

Bridge played it on their terms and made it a dog fight. One or two aside Clon never really got going.

Feakle very impressive against Crusheen - all four teams will fancy their chances but Inamona will be strong favourites

Eire Og and Clonlara a few weeks ago on TG4 was a serious standard, mad both of them are gone.

Bridge winning from here would be a real let down for any neutrals.

2 Likes

Thought either of them would be serious Munster club contenders.

What happened croisin?
That’s an all merciful hiding

Beaten by a slicker outfit who went after their full backline mercilessly. Shane McGrath wan v wan with hapes of space and runners from deep

1 Like

I’d say Lohan is a happy enough man. Only a handful of key players still involved in club championship and a lot of players outside the main 26 hurling really well - some fine prospects in the county between 18 and 22

Ideal really.
The kilmallock match yesterday, the bit I saw, the IC lads were dominant, but the whole thing looked like a league game in winter. The surface wasn’t great, but I think it’s hard for lads who a few weeks ago were playing in the ether to go back to the coal face.

It is for the Limerick lads anyway. Barely 100 people at the match. Awful format doesnt help.

It’d make you feel cold watching it on telly.

Bigger crowds at junior b matches in Cork.

Not a whole lot to do in Cork tbf.

Cratloe v Feakle
Sixmilebridge v Inamona

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gaaclare/status/1839552699697684694?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

https://twitter.com/Chase4TheCanon/status/1842579793784770790?t=Mj9zC7YKPYWCjL7ir3bhpg&s=19

Halftime

Feakle 1-9
Cratloe 1-7

Feakle had started the better but a bad injury to their full-back seemed to upset their rhythm. Cratloe defending in numbers and going more direct than usual without Podge to knit things together. Diarmuid Ryan on the world of ball. Feakle have missed a few scoreable frees but have settled again as the half closed. Feakle had the breeze first half but I’d say it’s a blustery wind that’s shifting about a bit.

You would think that Cratloe trying to go long on the puck outs would suit the Feakle backs in the second half. Delicately poised