Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

He is a good guy

I’ll take your word for it Joe, your word is gold on here.

@ChocolateMice the prick

1 Like

:scream:

I don’t think @ChocolateMice is aloud play roof, She has him whipped

Clare hurling is FINISHED for 4 to 5 years

:smile:

Pretty negative take Joe

Daly will get ye competitive and might simplify the game plan a bit which is no harm. He’s an excellent man manager and so should help ye avoid the recent turmoil in that regard. He’ll bring an improvement from last year ye might even win a Munster championship match :grin: Not sure he has that last bit to get ye over the line though. Maybe with the two lads talked about beside him he might.

Anybody that is involved with Limerick GAA is “owed” money. There is always an issue with the financial reports at the Co Board Convention (I doubt if Limerick is any different to any other county in this regard). The simple fact of the matter is that they always overspend. It doesn’t help their case that instead of working out of the offices in the Gaelic Grounds they are renting space from the Munster Council in Castletroy. It all gets sorted eventually. UL would probably be left hanging the longest. They get fucked around but it gets “sorted” eventually but you might have to wait 12 months.

I’d imagine Daly’s personal accounts are in a somewhat disorganised state.

Will be a close enough call between the two teams going for it. Moloney and O’Connor are held in very high regard but the other side is made up of big hitters. If it goes to the floor then it’s easy to see Daly and Lohan getting the votes. The flipside is that the Fitzgeralds have the knives out for Daly and the board may try to make it a closed appointment process.

In terms of how they will do, the concern with Daly’s team is that Lohan and Dunne are both dog rough and Dunne in particular is known for strained relationships with the players. Daly’s personality might take the edge off which is how you’d hope it would play out. Dunne is the right sort of coach for us now in many respects, as he will most likely return sharpness to the our stickwork and rebuild an effective approach to our forward play.

Moloney and O’Connor, aside from their exemplary record, are appealing because they are different. They would be the first break in the sequence of '95 era managers stretching back to Loughnane himself. The way they talk and work is clearly distinct from the '95 crew, with whom there’s always a danger of reverting to mental toughness philosophy of that era.

But Moloney and O’Connor would also need to name a coach to match the alternative, and Kinnerk being gone is a blow to them in that regard. Some would also be concerned about the players getting an old voice instead of a fresh voice, with a significant chunk of the squad having spent 4-5 years playing under them already. Would seem like the height of ingratitude if they went for it and didn’t get it, but it’s hard to predict how these things play out.

The main thing is that it’s not acrimonious, but with Fitz revanchism in play I’m not sure that can be guaranteed.

1 Like

What have the Fitz clan got against Dalo?

The belief that he instrumental in recent events.

2 Likes

If Davy did not get the Clare job. he was going to Limerick FACT. HE had the limerick job got?

donal moloney, gerry o’connor and donal og have it I hear @Watch_The_Break
Clare are not as good as people think. They have 3 or 4 good players. People want clare to play freely no system Tipp would kill us and kk and wateford. But look we the townies are happy,
GOD I HOPE I am wrong
So can he win liam answer can we win anything in 2017

Joint captains Tony Kelly & Cian Dillon along with Colm Galvin nominated for Hurling All Stars

joint captains, ffs sake, have you ever heard such fucking shite, tis like a thing you’d do with a primary schools ladies football team :rollseyes:

4 Likes

Daly has pulled out of the race for senior manager. Looks like it is Ducky Moloney so with Donal og, Seanie McMahon and O’Connor as selecters and Cronin as coach

1 Like

Limerick are way behind Clare

Where are you getting this from?