Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

I’d probably agree with that. He’s very strong/physical in a team that aren’t blessed with overly physical players but he’s probably a player who was favoured by Davy’s system. I know a few Clare people who used to absolutely rave about him but I’d fancy one of our forwards against him in a one-on-one. It looks like Cleary is the favoured choice at centre-back now, but would Dillon not be a similar type player, maybe not as strong in the air but a bit more athletic?

Cleary is a very good decision maker and does the simple things well. Very unfussy on the ball and normally just gives it to a man in a better position and should be left at six to develop. I think David Fitz is nailed on for seven and I think either Pat O’Connor or David Mc would make a strong half backline on paper. Pat O’Connor will probably be full back but you could switch him and David Mc depending on the match up.

All things being equal I would much prefer David Mc in the half backline rather than full but I would have more faith in one of Gudgie, Browne, Donnellan, Dillon or even Bugler to do a solid consostent job at wing back than I would in Flanagan, Dillon, Browne or the unproven lads at corner back. O’ Brien while not a flashy hurler is an excellent sticky man marker and we have nobody of a similar mold in the panel and it opens up a big hole.

David McInerney back in the side at corner back. Ian Galvin in from the start

1 Like

Tots and Colm Galvin back training with Clare.

Sounds like they’ve worked out a study schedule for Colm. Great news.

1 Like

Galvin has agreed to cop himself on, I suppose. Class hurler to be fair.

We might have a team:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Fermanagh 0-18 Clare 1-10 in Enniskillen. Kildare away and Meath at home to finish, it’ll go down to the wire.

sht

1 Like

What team would you pick for Sunday LADS

I would pick Limerick, Joe

YE ARE A GREAT TEAM

So you keep telling us.
We don’t see it

Midfielder David Reidy is Clare’s main injury concern going into Sunday’s crunch Allianz National Hurling League clash in Cusack Park, Ennis, at 3.00 p.m.

Joint Managers Donal Moloney and Gerry O’Connor have confirmed that the Éire Óg clubman picked up an ankle injury in training. A decision on his fitness will be made on Friday evening before the starting 15 is named.

The Ballyea contingent of Tony Kelly (Vice Captain), Jack Browne, Paul Flanagan, Gearóid O’Connell and Niall Deasy are due to return to training with the panel on Tuesday following their club’s run in the All Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship.

Clare also welcomed back Clonlara’s Colm Galvin and Cathal O’Connell to the fold last week. Conor McGrath (Cratloe) and Pat O’Connor (Tubber) are still a few weeks away from recovering fully from respective shoulder operations.

Shane O’Donnell (Éire Óg) meanwhile, is recovering from a knee injury and is not expected to return to action until late April.

The Banner are second in Division 1A on score difference and know that a draw or win against Waterford will secure their status in the Division as well as see them qualify for the Quarter Final Stage of the League.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see how McCarthy goes, deserves his start after some excellent cameos off the bench. Surprised they have named him wing back, would have thought midfield or wing forward would be a better fit for him at this point. Maybe he will switch with Shanahan with Shanahan picking up Brick.

1 Like

Gary Brennan doesn’t start for the footballers, doesn’t look like he’ll be coming on either.

Clare 0-3 Meath 0-6 after 15. Graham Reilly doing rack for Meath at centre-forward.

Clare 0-7 Meath 0-9. Really good stuff to get back into it after being five down early on.