Classic wastes of public money in the last few years?

[quote=“HBV*”]im with you on this one mgg, women should be used sparingly in the workplace, im not saying they should not be allowed hold a job but they should decide upon leaving school what they want to do…work or be traditional. They are for making diners and babies in my view and by introducing them to industry we are asking for trouble.
well said mgg[/quote]
let them work if they want to but no need to pay them,couple a hang sandwhiches herentheres plenty,wouldnt want them faintin r anything before they have the dinner made

Its all about accounting tricks. The cost of Pre-fabs are met from current spending budgets but to build a school it has to go into capital spending budget. Its bullshit because, as you say, the cost of pre-fabs in huge. Would be better off in the long term building the schools, but when did these of gobshites ever think long term

The 223m “Broadband” roll out announced yesterday.

For some crazy decision the government have awarded the contract for the next phase of the broadband roll out to fooking 3 Ireland. As the rest of Europe are moving on with next generation broadband with speeds of 20MB+, the fooking clowns in Government are spending over 200m providing people with 1MB mobile broadband shite.

How they expect this to be an incentive to attract investment into rural areas I’ll never know. They awarded a similar contract in Oz but ended up scrapping it halfway through because they realised how useless the technology was. What we need is a proper fixed line broadband service, not this mobile shite.

Minister Eamon “Mr Happy” Ryan was positively ecstatic about it yesterday Runty.

Eamon Ryan is an idiot.

€509,000 expenses for Olwyn Enright and her husband to attend the Dail over five years, not to mention their salaries. I’d be surprised if their real expenses amounted to even 50k, especially when there’s no ‘single supplement’ charge here with them being man and wife.

For the amount of work they do, they’d be better off teleconferencing in from whatever backwater they’re from.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]509,000 expenses for Olwyn Enright and her husband to attend the Dail over five years, not to mention their salaries. I’d be surprised if their real expenses amounted to even 50k, especially when there’s no ‘single supplement’ charge here with them being man and wife.

For the amount of work they do, they’d be better off teleconferencing in from whatever backwater they’re from.[/quote]

That is fucking nuts.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]€509,000 expenses for Olwyn Enright and her husband to attend the Dail over five years, not to mention their salaries. I’d be surprised if their real expenses amounted to even 50k, especially when there’s no ‘single supplement’ charge here with them being man and wife.

For the amount of work they do, they’d be better off teleconferencing in from whatever backwater they’re from.[/quote]
Olwyn Enright’s constituency is in Offaly and the Hubby’s is in Donegal.

Iarnrd ireann annual ticket from Tullamore to Heuston with 92 feeder bus connection to Dail ireann’s front door: €2,940 X 5 years = €14,700 allowing for fare increases it would come to around €18,000 lets say for Olwyn’s travel to work.

An annual Bus ireann and arnrd ireann ticket combined could get the hubby to work by bus and or the Sligo railway line for €3,800 a year X 5 years = €19,000 probably around €25,000 after fare increases.

That adds up to €43,000, add in petrol and ad-hoc business costs it wouldn’t come over €55,000. I’d also add that these figures are before the taxsaver travel scheme is taken into account so the figure is probably a lot less.

Of course the way Fine Gael added it up was: petrol over five years : €509,000.

[quote=“BenShermin”]Olwyn Enright’s constituency is in Offaly and the Hubby’s is in Donegal.
[/I][/quote]

How on earth can you represent a constituency you don’t live in?

Or am I missing something here and I suppose they co-habit somewhere like Galway and claim commuting expenses from home to the constituency as well.

[quote=“chrish”]How on earth can you represent a constituency you don’t live in?

Or am I missing something here and I suppose they co-habit somewhere like Galway and claim commuting expenses from home to the constituency as well.[/quote]

if he is a TD -then the 2 of them should be sacked

even at 144 per night for food & accomadation by 3 days by 30 weeks by 5 years by 2 i cant see how they get even close to that.
if they were driving up & not sharing or if they were both claiming money for accomadation

File sent to DPP over 622,000 spending by FAS

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/file-sent-to-dpp-over-622000-spending-by-fas-427402.html#ixzz0RvdICtAE

Garda have reportedly sent a file to the Director of Public Prosecutions in relation to 622,000 worth of spending by FAS for which there is no evidence of any goods or services being provided.

The spending was mentioned by the Comptroller and Auditor General earlier this month in a highly critical report into the State training agency’s management of its advertising and promotion budget.

This morning’s reports say Garda have mounted two separate investigations into FAS spending, one of which relates to the 622,000.

The other concerns spending on outdoor advertising and is still ongoing.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/file-sent-to-dpp-over-622000-spending-by-fas-427402.html#ixzz0Rvcel6b9

:smiley:

Hopefully Art and his buddies see fit to direct for charges to be pressed, not holding out much hope though.

The drive on left signs scattered at random points across the country. Truly bizarre.

Who was responsible for those?
There is one there somewhere around Clonmel I think. Absolutely mental.

What’s the fucking story with it taking til 2011 and costing 10-15 million euro to implement postcodes in the country? I’m kinda in favour of it, if it makes the postal service more efficient (although knowing this country it won’t) and is helpful to emergency services (that said, they should know their cachement areas well enough without postcodes).

But 10-15m and taking more than a year! It’s an overly simplistic illustration, but surely it just involves taking out a map and assigning numbers. Wtf?

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]What’s the fucking story with it taking til 2011 and costing 10-15 million euro to implement postcodes in the country? I’m kinda in favour of it, if it makes the postal service more efficient (although knowing this country it won’t) and is helpful to emergency services (that said, they should know their cachement areas well enough without postcodes).

But 10-15m and taking more than a year! It’s an overly simplistic illustration, but surely it just involves taking out a map and assigning numbers. Wtf?[/quote]

These lads have been doing it for a while using Geographic co-ordinates

http://www.irishpostcodes.ie/

[quote=“Mac”]These lads have been doing it for a while using Geographic co-ordinates

http://www.irishpostcodes.ie/[/quote]

could they not just buy it off them so for a 1m or something?

What have I told you about using logic with the Irish Government before?

The GGA. Let them die.

Any public money spent on projects outside urban areas is a shameful waste.:smiley: