Clontarf Golf Club

Rezoning could allow for 5,000 homes on Clontarf Golf Club grounds (irishtimes.com)

get it done

2 Likes

Canā€™t see who would argue against that.

2 Likes

golf playing nimbys & @Bandage

Eoin Oā€™Malley on Twitter: ā€œThis is a good idea -though no doubt my local TDs will raise ā€˜concernsā€™. However the land was gifted to the club by the state, and it would be a state decision that increases the value of the land, so club members shouldnā€™t get the windfall from rezoning. https://t.co/5RAFWYU856ā€ / Twitter

@StoneCold

1 Like

Thereā€™ll be a lot of new gaffs overlooking Mr Bigā€™s family home on the Malahide road. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be fine with it. May need to use his mediation services for other neighbours though.

I think Clontarf Golf and Bowls Club had a 99 year lease from Dublin City Council. They then bought in the freehold before the last crash to facilitate a land swap whereby they would move to a new state of the art golf course in Charle Haugheys gaff in Kinsealy and Joe Morans company would build on the golf course. Itā€™s one of the anomalies of the Dublin land market that there are so many golf courses tying up valuable development land so close to the city centre.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly support anything that drives golf out of my neighbourhood.

6 Likes

All else failing you could move to a more salubrious part of D3

Iā€™m a working class D5 resident. I donā€™t have the means to purchase in D3.

Not a great house. The side and a lot of the back garden were sold off to facilitate a development some years ago.

The membership in these clubs is majority elderly property-asset millionaires that arenā€™t particularly stuck for a few bob and couldnā€™t give a shite about any property crisis

We need green spaces in our cities.

We do. Ones that can be used by all citizens not just a select coterie.

4 Likes

Seven tower blocks, a new stand in Parnell Park and a pitch and putt course would be a fair compromise here I think.

Clontarf GC is already a glorified pitch and putt course.

Oh look, itā€™s tiger woods.

Are you familiar with Clontarf Golf Club?

Throw in a weatherspoons to really upset the locals

It would be an improvement on the Beachcomber in fairness

3 Likes

Is it fair to say the course is no more in Clontarf than the 5 Lanps ???