Clontarf Golf Club

Same with malahide golf club being located behind the portmarnock leisure centre

1 Like

Donnycarney Golf and Bowls Club doesnā€™t have the same ring to it.

1 Like

No then

It is literally on the wrong side of the tracks.

1 Like

Originally in Clontarf but re-located following leasehold issues way back when. Clubhouse was formerly Donnycarney House. @myboyblue , Eugene Moore, former Laois legend - and my former Maths teacher - may have held the couse record here previously IIRC.

MGC was a hilly 9-hole near The Grand Hotel but they sold up in the 80s and bought current site with some of the proceeds - retaining their name of course.

2 Likes

He didnā€™t get that today nor yesterday

90s surely? I definitely walked home through it with a bag of cans on numerous occasions.

2 Likes

He wonā€™t care, heā€™s living in the Marina in Malahide.

Would have to be very early 90s those houses are there a long time.

a park and some houses way better than elitist golf course

I can see a nice new stand and a wider pitch in parnell Park on the horizon here. Everyoneā€™s a winner

2 Likes

A lot of the golf courses in Dublin are pitch and putt courses. My late uncle was a 4 handicapper in Forest Little. I turned up in my wellies for a society there one day and got 46 points. Told him to join a proper golf course.

Are there many actual Pitch and Putt courses in Dublin that arenā€™t up the mountains?

Used to be one in O Toole Park and one in Erinā€™s Isle. The one in Tolka Valley is gone. One still in the Deerpark

Club moved in 1990 it seems on a quick search. Risibly, current location is down as Beechwood, Malahide on their site.

Edenmore has a DCC one too.

1 Like

There used to be one behind the houses on the coast from baldoyle Church to Sutton dart. And the fairview cymc. Think they considered themselves a serious outfit. Portmarnock still has one obviously.

Whereā€™s the Deerpark?

The only Deerpark Iā€™m aware of is where Crokes train a bit and there ainā€™t no Pitch and Putt course there

Malahide castle has one

Look at howth from any part of North Dublin and youā€™re looking at it.

3 Likes