Clontarf Golf Club

Campions, Newtown (behind cottages), Vincents ground before they went back to Marino and, best of them all, St Anneā€™s Park.

The Cadbury factory! Still has it but its overgrown.

1 Like

St Anneā€™s is a grand course

1 Like

Excellent - would struggled long to get that one!

I used to play one up past Glasnevin cemetery. Dunno the name of it though.

Tolka Valley?

It was called Tolka Lodge. Grand spot. There is one further up the ballyboggan Rd now but not near as good

2 Likes

Malahide Castle is a par 3 course. Youā€™d need more than a pw and a putter to go around it.

It was a lovely course. I used to date a young lady who was a top pitch and putter and we spent many the happy Sunday there.

2 Likes

dont ever correct me on matters regarding Malahide

It also has a pitch and putt course

3 Likes

Looks a nice one out in The Ward too but thatā€™s well out of town.

Thereā€™s always a few there any day I pass by.

I knew itā€™d get a rise out of ya.

1 Like

The Artane Old Boys Band.

1 Like

The old Lodge was an institution. A wonderful place to while away a summer evening. Its passing was much lamented.

1 Like

P and p course between chapelizod and ballyfermot still there I think.

Thatā€™s a new enough course in the grand scheme of things. Iā€™ve never played it. It should be safe enough as Iā€™m pretty sure it was built on a landfill dump which used be up there many years ago.

There was a par 3 golf course between Newcastle and Lucan that youā€™d do well not to twist an ankle on with all the rabbit holes dug on it. I believe thereā€™s another Par 3 course in Lucan thatā€™s supposedly decent.

1 Like

There used to be a few courses between Lucan and Celbridge, not sure if theyā€™re still there. Celbridge Golf Range was one and then were two courses beside each other down past Ballyoulster United beside the rail line which were run by a very strange baldy man who claimed that looking south shortened a personā€™s perception of distance compared to looking in other directions. He was serious too. My favorite memory of that place is playing there the evening of the 1996 All-Ireland hurling final and seeing the trains carrying the defeated Limerick supporters home going past.

I think they were trying to close that one down pre Covid. Remember passing it one day and there was a protest by the lights across from the nursing home

Where Turnberry is now?