Club Championships 2017

Ya havenā€™t won a thing in an ageā€¦

Me personally or the club? We won the county a few years back mate, back when there were still a couple of decent sides in Imokilly. Weā€™ve been knocked out by Fr Oā€™Neills, Aghada and Eire Og since then. Two have been promoted and Eire Og were finalists this year. We are flying it at underage as well.

Imokilly Junior is glorified Junior B with Carrignavar, Lisgoold, Russell Rovers and St. Itas. All old Junior B teams 15-20 years ago. And Imokilly is the strongest division - says it all.

A cork team won it last year

Anyone hear anything about a Cork senior club merging with their junior neighbours.

Talking to a few Nemo lads there ā€“ They were embarrassed for Limerick footballā€¦ A stroll around the park - they left with 15 mins to go it was so badā€¦ Talks of the Munster final being in Limerick.

No ya langer.

I was being sarcastic in relation to the jibes from tipp lads for over rating Cork.

Mayfield are All Ireland Champs sure and only the 2nd tine the champions wonā€™t be from Cork.

Catherines drinking tues-wed-thurs apparently didnā€™t help much.

Fucking joke they couldnā€™t hold off a bit. Bigger joke they were forced to play of course. Absolutely no rush with yesterdays game

Munster champions?

Thatā€™s not correct. Waterford sides have won a couple in the past few years while Blackrock from Limerick won the All Ireland junior a decade ago.

I am open to correction, i was going on what one of the Mayfield lads mentiined one day, 10 of 12 were Cork wiƱners.
Recent Warerford winners alright.

Here it is

9-2-1-1-1

Cork have the majority of them as simple numbers dictate when you get to junior level and there are probably more first team adult hurling sides in Cork than the rest of Munster combined.

Themselve and Kilkenny have pretty much owned the junior A/I. Creggan from Antrim won the junior A/I a few years back, think themselves and Blackrock are the only non Kilkenny/Cork sides to win it

1 Like

Lads on the Limerick GAA thread would nearly have you believing that there is meaningful football in Limerick.

I donā€™t think a Limerick club have won a Munster club game since 2008 when Drom won Munster.

Mooowailing from Cark won it.
Charleville came very close.

Surely be better to put limerick senior football champs in Munster intermediate.

Well the limerick intermediate champs are already in the final of the Munster intermediate

3 Likes

Last year adare beat corkā€™s Kiskeam in intermediate club .

Ooooffftt

Theyā€™ll be beat 20 points.

1 Like

Rory Oā€™Connor was at the launch at Croke Park today. I donā€™t know if theyā€™re pretending heā€™s not injured or if he isnā€™t actually injured at all. Would Cuala care that much either way? I guess heā€™s a Dublin based student so there was probably a handy fee for it and heā€™s hardly going to announce heā€™s definitely out of the game.

He mentions they took a week off before coming back to prepare for this game. I heard theyā€™ve done fuck all since losing the football final. Weā€™ll see whatā€™s what in tomorrowā€™s Wexford People as Brendan Furlong will have gotten to the bottom of it.

Dr. Crokes (Kerry) will play Nemo Rangers (Cork) in the AIB Munster Senior Club Football Championship Final on Sunday November 26th at 2pm in Pairc Ui Rinn.

Theyā€™ll just have to tear down Stade De Frank at the this stage and start again.