Club Championships 2017

It was slower but the referees under instruction allow little physical contact and coaching has put a total premium of possession .

They are certain games where referees allow a bit of leeway and I think we see better games .

As are the Caseys? cc @glasagusban

The Birmingham (sp) guy that was their captain in 2011 is from there too I think

The Casey brothers are situated just before Woodcock Hill which is literally meters over the border. Their mother is Limerick and wanted them to play with NaP.

Bermingham and the answer would be no.

It hasn’t. The lads nowadays would steamroll those of the 80’s. They are bigger, stronger and fitter. The fact that they are in significantly less danger of losing a finger, or a mouthful of teeth, just because they are a decent hurler, has made the game far better. They are not less tough. It doesn’t take a hard man to pull intentionally across an unguarded mouth or hand.

1 Like

All the skills are gone out of the game now. The balls too light.

Tactical “rucks” every game these days, worse in winter hurling

Kilcormac Killoughey are made for this time of year.

Big arses and bellies

A wet day in Portlaoise would be some leveller ?

The county border or the parish? If they’re out by Woodcock Hill they’re well inside Meelick parish surely.

The lads on that border are county fluid.

1 Like

@balbec’s crowd get dog’s abuse for borrowing lads from just over the road, when NaP are going outside the county for them and nothing said about it :thinking:

2 Likes

@balbec’s crowd actually steal players from nearby clubs. In fairness those lads have played with NAP all their lives. I’d be more concerned with the fact that their catchment area is so big on the Limerick side that it’s destroying older city clubs.

And we developed Podge and Seán Collins too but they saw the writing on the wall and went back over the border when they saw that they probably wouldn’t get a game for Na Piarsaigh.

2 Likes

Ye should ask them back now to see what a Celtic Cross looks like, the Limerick lads that won them must nearly be all dead and gone at this stage

17 Likes

I’d say most of those clubs were in decline long before NaP emerged

NAP, Mungret & Monaleen are creating a doughnut effect on the Limerick city clubs, the players are just looking to go to the better run clubs. Can’t blame either party for that.

Pats are holding their own tbf. But Christians and Claughaun having to merge to field a very average intermediate hurling team is a real low point for the city.

1 Like

Good west Clare stock.