Club Championships 2017

For all their playing numbers and money they arenā€™t in the top 10 best club teams in Ireland in either code.

Too big. Simple as

Oh they are ya. Iā€™ve always thought places like Sixmilebridge, Kilmallock, Crossmaglen etc were the perfect size to build a club. Big enough to have sufficient numbers for sustained success yet small enough to create a strong team/community spirit.

Real rural places like Newtownshandrum, Caltra, Slaughtneil need once a lifetime teams to come along while big urban areas have other sports tocompete with.

In fairness some urban areas have really got their act together in the last 20 years. Na Piarsaigh, Ballygunner, Thurles, Dicksboro, Cuala etc.

2 Likes

Ya. And The Barrs, Blackrock etc will follow.

Hence my suggestions about Enniskeane area and the ridiculousness of that

They are comfortably in the top 10 hurling clubs in the country. They pushed Cuala all the way in the last 2 county finals. No one else in Ireland came close to Cuala.

I know they raise their game for Cuala but I doubt they would do much if they got out of Dublin.

I wouldnā€™t fancy them to beat Na Piarsaigh, Ballygunner, Thurles or Sixmilebridge for a start.

Dunno about the rest but theyā€™d give Sixmebridge a right trimming anyway

1 Like

Couldnā€™t agree, saw kilmacud in Dublin final,would strongly fancy sixmilebridge to beat them.

Iā€™d say Piarsaigh would trim Cuala - Cuala got a soft All Ireland this year

3 Likes

Dunno .

Nah Piarsaigh are way ahead of them, Cuala no competition in Leinster

Wait til the big arses of KK get them on a wet day in Portlaoise

Piarsaigh would bate the pick of them even without their own fat arse (Dowling)

Na pairsaigh to hammer cuala? I think theyā€™ll be nothing in it. Wide open spaces of croker, o Callaghan could go to town on that full back line. Iā€™d be fancying cuala.

The Kerryman is the key for Cuala .

It is not that bad a full back line.

1 Like

Some Muldoon on here last week said they were due to meet in the semi final :thinking:

Nice piece about Slaughtneil here. Chrissy McKaigue seems a very thoughtful sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s40MlHGA4dQ

TG4 showing Castlebar vs Corofin live on Sunday with deferred coverage of Dr Crokes vs Nemo Rangers

What price a Crokes/Corofin double?