Club Championships 2017

Double training sessions on Christmas Morning are the crack mate.

Christmas morning in your twenties can be shit enough so no harm in an aul training spin.

Not when its “Geezer” bawling at you.

Odd they’ve all came to this conclusion themselves.

Group think.

Its common enough.

But you’d actually have to be part of or observe groups of humans to recognize it.

1 Like

That they all decide to opt out of intercounty football because they flopped in the club Championship last two years?

Bernard Flynn is one sickening git to listen to co commentating a match.

He was doing the Lomans Moorefield match yesterday. He regularly called the efforts of club players ‘disgraceful’ or ‘shocking’ and really went to town on the lad from Lomans who threw the ball away resulting in the free being brought forward (Moorefield eventually scored from the secondary ball from the free to win the match). Flynn said that the lad ‘will never forget it’ and had ‘thrown the match away for his teammates’. Fuck sake, he is an amateur that lost the head for a second.

Of course Bernard has spoken of how St Lomans had the match won on my occasions and had to backtrack when the match was turned around. So much for his expert knowledge. Jokeshop.

4 Likes

Maybe because Armagh are shite or underperforming and they are not enjoying playing with them and would get more enjoyment from playing in a successful club team than getting flogged in an unsuccessful county set up that they are unhappy in?

The commitment required to play IC football is utterly off the charts . I can see more lads saying it ain’t worth it .

A shame it’s just players from one club who are doing this.

This, more than anything, is what is killing Leitrim.

I wouldn’t blame lads for one second for not playing.

Outside of the Top 4 in either code, hard to see why anyone would bother their holes for more than 4 years at this point.

Yes it’s a pity for the county that they can’t convince their best players to play for them, certainly highlights serious issues with the county set up that should be addressed.

Not much the county can do in this regard. A disappointing reaction from Cross to their failure in the last couple of years.

Or they like being big fish in small bowl and it troubles their insecurities when togging for Armagh.

Or they have notions.

Loads of guys not playing these days because of this

The Eslin Way :wink:

1 Like

young lad working with me is training with fermanagh
this is the craic since october
mon, tues , thurs - running stamina drills of various shapes and sizes at st, brigids in dublin at 7pm - about 7 or 8 of them there each night
sat and sun - session/game in Fermanagh - sat would usually be the whole day including meetings, lunch, etc,

its like this since october as i said- he hopes to get a half in a mckenna cup game in jan to make an impression

sounds awful tbh

3 Likes

Can’t see the fun in that .

Did he have to get up this morning?

It was a pretty accurate assessment of his contribution, although his team mates didn’t help themselves.

They did have it won, if they’d shown any sort of composure.

They were six points up with two minutes of normal time left.