Club Championships 2017

@caoimhaoin was like a bull on the pitch, swinging the hurley left and right like a slash hook,

1 Like

Canā€™t understand why more players donā€™t quit weaker counties. Putting their lives on hold for nothing.

I know plenty fellas who put their eggs in one basket and gave ten years to the county, once they retire they are soon forgotten about and the reality that theyā€™ve put their lives on hold sets in. They put their careers on hold or picked a career to suit GAA, they realise in their mid 30ā€™s wtf have I doneā€¦

2 Likes

Nice moving of the goal posts here.

I never said this guy is weak for not training as hard as expected. Whats weak is moaning about it and not telling the coach he values his lifestyle or time differently.

Make the decision. Commit or not. I have no problem and in fact encourage a lad to say no and do his own thing if thats what he wants.

The opposite to Ray i know both types of guys who didnā€™t ā€œgo afterā€ an IC career. Some regret it. Some are delighted they didnā€™t bother.

Everyone is different. But do not do something you donā€™t enjoy. Thats some weak and dumb shit right there.

1 Like

This putting their lives on hold thing is a bit of a nonsense. I know many IC ayers who live very full and fullfilling lives and make progress professionally.

Its a lifestyle choice. So what if you earn a little less and donā€™t climb the ladder in the time set out by boring bastards who ironically soend their whole time working and miss the important time with famiky and friends anyway. Thats the irony of it all. The lads who blow on about this often are bruised and battered by 36 and the wife leaves them eventually after 3 years of fucking some other lad anyway.

1 Like

some serious backtracking from kev here

Ah thatā€™s rubbish. Itā€™s a choice. At a certain point in oneā€™s life being in a good county set up is a great place to be.

The lads that sleep walk to 35 are obviously a bit dim. It wonā€™t pay the mortgage but I thought everyone knew that.

I donā€™t know if your man from Fermanagh is whinging or not but if he doesnā€™t fancy it then so be it.

15 year old swimmers train harder than these lads. For nothing. No publicity. No one cares.

8 Likes

There is even a cohort of fior gaels on here who argue that rugby sells its young players short through the academy system where they train a little bit more than the GAA players in exchange for money, and huge support in conpleting their education. Some of these lads non sporting careers are stunted a few years sinilar to the GAA lads. Fior gael only sees the jersey though. As you said ita a choice. And a damn attractive one for most young people

1 Like

and in one fell swoop the gahliban is destroyed

1 Like

Unless these people are close relations or best friends you could not possibly know such a thing.

To think that you could goes against any knowledge of the human mind you profess to know so much about.

Damn - I replied!!

1 Like

ah heā€™s not whinging at all
he just dosent fancy it based on what is laid out in the plan for various reasons
he wants to play at the highest level BUT he knows that work needs to be impacted to do so
the point is this fella reckons if he wants to take inter county football seriously heā€™'l probably have to pack in his job and move closer to home, ( and find a job that accommodates these requirements set out by the team)
one needs to ask the question is what the team are doing actually necesasy? but thatā€™s for another day

the 15 year old swimmer argument isnt really applicable as they are been ferried everywhere by parentsā€¦
and, for playing football for fermanagh, id say nobody really cares either

1 Like

Yeah so he has to make decisions. Thatā€™s life.

1 Like

Well i suppose how much do we know about anyone. Ob the face of it they do might be more accurate.

Some people thrive on being busy. They will not bat an eyelid at that kinda travel.

This one guy reacting to a new set up is an indication of him. Not the entire Inter county scene. You will never hear from the lads that love every minute of it

Nail on the fucking head.

I train more and harder than them ffs. Loads of people do.

and look at the cut of you

1 Like

They do actually. An awful lot of people take it seriously and its quite important to alot of Fermanagh people no doubt. Its a representation of who they are.

I realise growi g uo in Cobh would lend someone to rejecting where they are from bit everyone is not like that

:smile::smile:

I know. Iā€™m an animal

Say no more. Cobh has never produced an athlete of note.

1 Like

a combination of simon zebo and rob heffernan on cocaine i think it was said on here before

1 Like