Club Championships 2017

Na piarsaigh and kilmallock should be a cracking final. I expect na piarsaigh to shade it

The two best teams in the final . Should be a cracking final . I just have a wee irrational inkling for the Balbec but it will be tight .

1 Like

I eagerly eagerly await the attendance of this Cork Senior Football Final. 20k is some crowd to be pulling in. More than treble the crowd from 7 years ago between the same 2 clubs in a year in which Cork Football was flying after capturing the All Ireland title weeks before.

1 Like

Its the 1st County Final in the Pairc.

The last final was not expected to be a contest whatsoever. This is. 2 best teams by a mile.

That will be reason for big crowd.

2 towns in intermediate final will help

When is the fixture? Might pop up.

15 October .

Didn’t a Castlehsven v Skibb final in the 90s attract nearly 20 k .

1 Like

It did ya. Halcyon days. Myself and the auld lad were hitting 5-6 games a weekend back then.

The West Cork games back then were serious wars.

The filth of Cahalane back then was outrageous.

Skibb were a lovely team. Little bit townie though, lost games to lesser opposition a bit too much. Could have been a legendary side.

Who is in the inter final?

Mallow-St Michaels in Premier

But it might be the regular Intermediate which is Kanturk-Mitchelstown. Premier might be on next week

Fair play to Mallow, got to both finals with largely 2 different teams. Only 2/3 dual players

EDIT: Mallow-Michaels is the game before Senior. Also seems confirmed for Pairc I Ring

Are Michael’s the football wing of Blackrock?

Traditionally yes. In the modern world though they are a completely different side. Onmy 1 dual player and he picks hurling before football without question. Although a valuable foktballer (Stephan O’Keeffe.
Relations seem good thpugh but that may be because Michaels basically stopped fighting for hurlers and do their own thing. Which is best practice.

You wpuld think sister clubs would be harder, but from what i am seeing recently dual clubs in the truest sense are way harder to deal with.
I’ve been down there a bit recently, you just get the feeling they are clubs ready to take off. They are working hard on getting coaching up a level and into schools and if they get it right with aboutmaybe 50k people they would be a serious force

1 Like

So Cork can’t use their brand spanking new stadium for their flagship club finals??

2 Likes

Its only the grace of god that there wasn’t thousands kilt in it on Franks flagship opening weekend.

PĂĄirc UĂ­ Squelch

1 Like

yeah
if there was no intermediate final there would be no one there
you said it yourself

No. And it should bever have been opened.

I told ye all that back at time all this.

They should not get away with it but they will.

Just like the dodgy tendering.

Just like the suspect contracts.

Just like the lies all along.

No it would boost the crowd maybe 4-5k.

Thats the point.

from 500 people to 5500
QED

4 Likes

Bizarre

2 Likes