Club Championships 2017

Great win for ye.

And lovely bet.

It would take alot to feel sorry for the cocky bastards.

Kanturk comfortably the best (and fittest) team in Prem Int. this year. Well deserved.

Hurling manager (Duane is it) did a great job.

They will win football handyish

1 Like

Is he Abbey or Lismore?

Whats his pedigree?

County footballer if I’m not mistaken. Maybe former.

Would be Abbeyside.

I’ll be cheering on Fr Vinny Stapleton tomorrow.

Serious scoring

Yeah Abbeyside. Played senior football for the county. Serious talent but never really fulfilled it. In his 30’s now so not likely to be in Derek McGraths plans next year.

1 Like

I was reading the 42.ie

I’d say Fernconbe is about the 30 mark. Has plenty speed but was always a bit streaky, like most of those abbeyside fellas. Was the 3-7 all from play? What happened the two Gormans and mark fives who haven’t been playing the last few years and are still young enough?

Yeah super job considering he was still playing up to last yr id say. He had a coach in with him from the glen who is supposed to be v good.

The betting on the game was stupid. Iv cleaned up out of it as have loads of locals. Backed em heavy eniugh before semis at 11/4.

Most of those lads are as good if not better footballers really

42.ie not very accurate. He scored 0.13 from placed balls and 0.2 from play.

Ya my think on Kanturk all along would have been a better football side.

Kinda shows the difficulty of getting out of Intermediate.

The u21 A Football Final is extremely unique final. Cill Na Matra and Kilmurray all Muskerry Final. Kilmurray are Junior and CNM Int A.

Big jump in standard across the board last 2 years.

Senior Hurling championship has actually been good.

Both Premier Int. have been extremely competitive.

Great to see Walsh enjoying his games. He seems to have thrown off the shackles

Ok I thought 13 from play was a bit unrealistic which is why I queried it

Were you at it? He was sensational. Really came into it when need was greatest. Made a few massive catches

Yip. He was the difference really.

Put himself in great positions and wanted to influence

Darren Browne definitely worth a look in the league as well.

Couldnt be happier for lorcan mc though. What that man puts in, and has put in for 10 + years now is beyond belief. As good a club man as you would ever see fuck all interest in spotlight just wants to do his best

1 Like

Absolutely. Player of the championship by a mile.

Browne is excellent. Mind you thought he was only ok with 21’s.

They’ll do fine senior. Plenty size and bags of pace

lads what is it with Walsh in hurling? He can turn in a performance ye refer to tonight, I have rarely seen an under 21 display like the one against Limerick a few years back and he had a super Munster championship for Cork in 2015 but was then god damn awful in a few games. On form, he d be an addition to Cork hurling team.

1 Like

Aren’t Kanturk shite underage? They’ll be back inter when the three lads retire.

No. They won a Feile B this year and a 16P2 finalist i think.

They are also a reletively young team

He was regularly burnt out

Can’t be consistant when being pulled everywhere

1 Like