Club Championships 2017

Good Kerry senior hurling final in Tralee I am led to believe before a big crowd

ended in a draw - Lixnaw and Ballyduff to meet again

The equalising score came from a sideline cut

2 Likes

Mark Foley training Lixnaw I see

Buff gave a delightful highlights package from it. In the end he was off to do untold to some young wan.

1 Like

yes Balbec, very well thought of in Lixnaw, he was with them in 2014 when they last won the senior championship

Who did your father play his club football for in Carlow?

She was rough looked like a pikey

Big questions been asked after a draw in the Galway intermediate semi final in tuam yesterday.

Galway star Shane Walsh kicked over a 45 to win the game for Killkerrin clonberne with the last kick of the game only for the ref to blow up for time wasting.he then threw up the ball and before any player touched it blew up for full timeā€¦

A lot of talk afterwards about the draw been backed!horrible reffing. Awful decision.

What was Padraig Joyceā€™s club again?

Killererin

Joke shop stuff in Galway thus weekend.worst call Iā€™ve seen from a ref in a long time

Oddly close names.

Plenty hassle in cork as well over a number of games. And 1 ref central to it all.

No doubt its happening

Neighbouring parishes tooā€¦

I was playing in this game yesterday too and I have to say Iā€™m really pissed off withvthe ref in generalā€¦

Fucking jokeshop stuff

1 Like

Also witnessed a game in Wexford which was dodgy. However, sometimes itā€™s refs looking after a mates team, rather than what was suggested in that Galway final.

Spit it out. Are you saying match fixing is rife in the gas? I donā€™t believe you.

There is a huge investigation hapoening as we speak with cork ref. Someone i know well.

He was county oanel and was stood down. I have no real insude details onky the accusations, and tbh it does not look good. Legals involved

6 major games being looked at in Cork.

When you consider alot of refs are greedy bastards looking for a few handy shillings this is not beyond the realms of possibility to be widespread

1 Like

Me too. Heard the Sars struggled to put Horeswood away in the senior football relegation final until class finally told late on.

Never discount a conspiracy theory when plain aul incompetence can be the issue .

Ya i agree. However this guy was a good ref.

You never know. Hopefully its not so

Few bits of note (fuck off ye cunts) in Laois over the weekend.

Emo won the IFC replay against Portlaoise. They conceded 1-1 in the opening minutes, but stormed back through player manager Paul Lawlor who bagged 2-4 to slay the beast. They return to Senior ranks after a one year absence.

Two absolutely tiny rural clubs picked up titles over the weekend in the IHC and JHC. Ballypickas, a club perhaps known to a few due to a long running high profile boundaries battle that makes the national news every now and then, came from behind to win by a point against Rathdowney/Errils 3rd team to win the JHC. Ballypickas have fuck all of a pick, and stay alive on a whim and a prayer. They brought through a few tidy young hurlers in recent years, and managed to keep them due to an amalgamation at adult level that allows them hurl senior with Ballinakill and still play Junior with their own club, win win for everyone, once thereā€™s no clashes. Theyā€™d barely have 20 hurlers, and youā€™d question how many of that 20 are hurlers, or even fit, but fair fucks to them.

Trumera won the IHC, a club known for being the home of Liam O Neill. They are on the outskirts of Mountrath and there has been many talks of them and Mountrath throwing their lot in together over the years. Anyway, they won the IHC 2 years ago with about 17 players ( match day panel of 22 togged out on Sunday, but 2 were injured and well the others, weā€™ll say no more), and many of them the wrong side of 30, and some the wrong side of 40. Anyway, they were bet back down, and many thought thatā€™d be the end of it. But they held onto most of them, and went on and won the IHC again this year, beating Rathdowney/Errills second team by a point. 2 years ago they had a father and son, Dylan and Damien Lalor, playing in the full forward line, and they were there again this year, winning another medal starting alongside each other.

Rathdowney/Errill therefore lose two finals in one day, both injury time. Tough on Brandon McGinley especially, he scored 1-2 in the junior and came on as a sub in the intermediate.

To take this back to the start then, to make the story even better for young Dylan Lalor, he won the IFC with Emo Friday night, and the IHC with Trumera on Sunday.

4 Likes