Club Championships 2017

How many of the team are actually from Lismire ???

What parish is Lismire in? How many of those players got a transfer to Kanturk? Id be surprised if you dont know the answer to these questions already mind you.

Thatā€™s just fantastic to hear

Never heard about mych robbing up there?

Poor Lismire bastards are playing Junior B because Kanturk poach all of their best players.

Sure thatā€™s the kind of shite the Ballymartle lads come up with to justify their poaching of all the lads from Belgooly.

Ballypickass?

Lismire is a small village in same parish as Kanturk with a fine GAA field a church and a school. They were decent in 80s but are a junior b hurling club since early 90s.

They have no underage teams in my living memory and the handful of kids in lismire school at any one time have always played underage with Kanturk up to and including 21s. At that point most (maybe 90%) have continued to play with kanturk at adult level without any issue.

Lismire no longer field any teams on their own they are joined with another club at adult level and play as lismire in JBF and as tullylease in JHC.

The mcloughlins are from lismire and a few more. They have always produced great quality but this is by far the most players ever on an adult team that I recall. Normally maybe one or two max.

I wouldnt consider them poached players.

There was one player on the kanturk panel who had transferred from another club

Didnā€™t Lismire win Junior A Football not long ago?

And Tullylease have a few A hurling i would imagine.

Anyone complaining about those lads who came up along underage are only assholes.

Create your own underage or tough shit

Lismire won a duhallow junior b football last yr, with the tullylease lads joined.

Tullylease won duhallow hurling about 10 years ago id say. But lismire only joined with them last yr

Ah there would be no question of lismire having own underage. They would have got their communion and confirmation with us and id say 6 or 7 per class maybe all that would be in school. Its a tiny place. Deirdre Reilly is from lismire

I was mixing up w/ Lyre.

They are in with Banteer ya?

Yes. Lyre in football and Banteer in hurling but all the one club.

Oh right, so same chairman, meetings, pitches?

Same pitch anyway but its two separate villages with separate national schools churches etc. Not sure about chairman. Works well for them anyway by looks of it

Ya definitely

I know a few older lads from lismire who depise kanturk. Serious bad blood there.

Indeed. A relatively recent development. Starting to soften again I believe

I donā€™t think it is. Kanturkā€™s win will only increase the bitterness I would think.

2 Likes

Id be very surprised if the vast majority of Lismire folk arenā€™t delighted for their own lads achievements. Relationship was always fine and they provided some brilliant players for kanturk over the years without a hint of bitterness.

Disappointment on their part completely understandable how things panned out for own club. But not of Kanturks making