Club Championships 2017

There is no home and away agreement between counties at club level. It is a new draw every year with home advantage going to the first team out in the draw.

That is how the Munster council operate so assume Leinster does the same

Thurles confirmed for Na Piarsaigh v Ballygunner in Munster club SHC final on Sunday November 19 at 2.00

2 very good Junior sides. Dillions only lost to Mayfield the All Ireland Champs by a point or so last year.

Catherines are young and have a bit of size.

Whats your Ballybacon involvement?

Ye will do well to be within 10

Advantage Ballygunner. Theyā€™ll have to put the blinkers on a few of them Limerick chaps in Thurles.

2 Likes

Is that Catherineā€™s 2nd team ??

1st.

If memory serves me they got relegated from Senior, last maybe 1-2 years Premier and 1 year at Intermediate.

It was rapid enough anyway

Jesus , some drop ok .

Soccer and drugs were issues for differing reasons. They had some handy players who were good at soccer so lost a couple.

I beieve there was a huge drop off in both the interest and then in turn an actual population drop

Sure most of that na Piarsaigh team have won munster and all Ireland medals in thurles. Bizarre comment.

Was reading in the Cork Examiner today that a Na Piarsaigh win on Sunday week will put them joint second on the Munster club roll of honour with four titles. St Finbarrā€™s hold the record with 5.

For a club that hadnā€™t even won a county title up to 2011 thatā€™s some going.

Ridiculous running through their team yesterday.
Current (intercounty) senior
Current senior.
Former senior.
Current senior
Current u-21
Former senior.
Current senior etc.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve an incredible group of players, even more omnious is the age profile that started yesterday.

Their record in Munster is unreal.

I saw a video of the homecoming and all the cars beeping the horns. Some scenes. Our lads played Ballybacon in u21 yesterday and apparently some of them had to be pulled out of the pub in the morning to play. Thought it was unfair to the young lads to proceed with that game.

I think Dillons will probably win replay. Only saw them once but they are a good functional side. They are very physical with 2 fast nippy corner forwards who like to take on their men and go for goal.
Was surprised to see Brian Dillon lining out at midfield. Thought he might have been stationed somewhere in half back line. Maybe he can provide some extra cover for back line. Important not to lump ball down on ORegan and Hewitt as their half back line are very strong in the air. Maybe keep lots of space in half forward line with both of them running onto puck outs played into space. Ye will be competitive. Standard of Tipp junior reps down the years has been poor. Often has been the case that Senior teams 2nd team has won the junior meaning that a semi finalist has gone forward to represent Tipp. But ye are battle hardened and Skeheen game was probably a badly needed kick up the arse. We had them beat ourselves this summer but conceded a last minute goal.

Playing in Ballybacon is a huge advantage. The wind wreaks havoc on freetakers and it is so exposed. Ye will have a crowd backing ye so I hope ye tear into them and have no pre conceptions of playing a Cork side. Keep it tight for as long as possible.

Replay is tomorrow isnt it? Might head into it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s Limerick senior though. Not exactly Tier 1 intercounty hurling.

Looking at the Mount Leinster Rangers starting XV that faced Camross yesterday, I reckon all have worn the Carlow jersey at various levels and some even the Ireland jersey.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no field in Ballybacon you cunt of man.

1 Like

Like I said above, all bar two are at least u21 level county hurlers, 10 played senior for limerick, with a few more in reserve. I donā€™t think any other club can match that spread of talent. Na Piarsaigh are the greatest hurling club in the universe.

Breen the oldest, next oldest is King, donā€™t think heā€™s 30 yet.

Says a lot about Na P also says a lot about Limerick .

Yep, weā€™re the greatest.

Thereā€™s 8 or 9 of that starting team under 25.

Likes of the Boylans, Grimes & P Casey are still obviously u21 next year. I expect Na Piarsiaghs intermediate team to be there abouts next year as well.

Hopefully it continues under ageā€¦its great for Limerick hurling.

You have had a bad week Geoff. You wonā€™t get any better by trying to take it out on limerick hurling. We are on the up baby.