Club Championships 2017

Ardfinan.

1 Like

That’s Apache country kid .

1 Like

Do you genuinely believe that?

Yes. Ranked 8th or 9th at senior and stuck in 2nd division. The multiple games in new format will be valuable for a new young side to find their feet.

Good point.

Structure seems to be there. Hurlers seem to be there.

Is the brains there?

Ballybacon play in Goatenbridge you cunt of a man.

1 Like

Not 100% sure on that point. Persisting with hegarty and hayes in the forwards does not inspire

I think Hayes is ok for another year in the forwards to find his feet at this level and I think he was brought in a year too soon but that’s done now . He will be a 6 long term but not at 19 or even 20 .

I am not sure if Hegarty is IC standard . Maybe a look at wing back but we have plenty better options there .

The match is being played at Ardfinan football pitch you cunt… At least that’s where we played Kenmare

It’s Ardfinnan you cunt of a man.

2 Likes

In fairness, in the one game of note that we won all year…Hegarty was our best forward away to Cork in the league. Hayes throughout the year was probably our standout forward…both were underage stars facing the ball…but thats where we are at the moment.

None of our natural forwards outshined them arguably bar Peter Casey and David Dempsey at times

Lk were poor this year . Hayes was good enough and Hegarty only fair when assessed over the year . Both were very good at u21 but frankly I 'd judge adult club hurling as a better indicator . Hayes will ultimately get a run at 6 and I think he will be good there . Hegarty deserves a chance in defence but there may be better options there .

Catherines have Daniel Mangan and Brian Mulcahy who play for Imokilly, Mangan was a Cork Minor (big and strong but a bit of a mollocker) while Shane O’Brien was a Cork Minor for two years at corner back, and looked the real deal back then, but injuries seemed to have fucked him.

Brian Dillons have Tomas Lawrence and Cillian Brosnan who have both played for Cork intermediates. They used to have Darragh Rodgers who played full back for the Cork Minors five or so years ago. Looked a bit of prospect back then but also dropped off the radar.

Were Darragh Rodgers and Cormac Lynch playing?

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=277786

Kilcar conceding a walkover in the U21 because they have an Ulster game a week later. Unreal.

Kilcar ?? Utter cuntish behaviour by them .

1 Like

I can see it both ways. They have 10 players involved in both. They havent won an Donegal in something like 20-30 years. At the end of the day, an U21 is a grand yoke to have, but its a bit mickey mouse all the same. They will be hoping that by failing to fulfill the fixture, public opinion will be on their side and they’ll get a refixture in deepest darkest December. I can see this working out for them really. Possibly tough on their opponents obviously, but I think a Club on a provincial run should get any help going.

Worth remembering they played a Div 1 final a week after their county final as well, and I’m not aware of what sort of run of games they were on up to that point. In recent years, the Donegal SFC has been a bit jokeshop in its execution.

Catherines won… Report needed.

What about the other u21 players?

Its a farcical snowflake decision.

I hope it backfires too. U21 players thrive on loads of games.

Tell them have a look st Kanturk. A much older team changing sports every week.

Fucking gobshites

Your biggest worry is they largely delayed celebrations.

These fellas have designs on bigger things.

If there is betting i would be interested to see would the bookies see it as Cork-Tipp or actually understand the levels.

1 Like