Club Championships 2018

Keeper woeful again there, another goal for Gweedore.

Cassidy doing wreck.

No rest for conor cooney or david burke. The 2019 all ireland in jeopardy because of today

1 Like

Their not playing until February? 6 weeks off now.

Gweedore no 7 has had a great game.

MacNiallais is such a silky footballer :clap:

Rian O’Neill has it all, Armagh will have a very tasty forward line next year with the likes of the two O’Neills, Clarke and Campbell being added to the last year’s squad.

Why isnt clarke playing?

Don’t think he can play until next year due to registration stuff.

Fantastic save there from the Gweedore keeper.

Rian O’Neill real needs to learn a bit of discipline, not the first time he has done something like that when things aren’t going well.

Brolly will have to adopt Gweedore as his fave team now

1 Like

He’s caused a few riots in the Armagh championship in the past few years

Gweedore and Scotstwon is a tough one to call. Scotstown were very lucky by all accounts today and Gweedore have a great mix of pace and a few experienced heads around - a shame for them that Ciaran Gillespie did his ACL in the last game.

Cross keeper was the losing of the game for him. He was terrible on all 4 goals.

Lolzers.

Easy 7 point win for Gweedore over Crossmaglen.

2 Likes

The ballygunner support was unreal today. The o’riann stand was rocking for the whole second half. The Munster club has become an obsession for them and i was delighted to see them get over the line. The 2001 team I’m sure have been quietly ribbing the current team about their lack of a Munster medal for a few years but no more.

Hutchinson and co were outstanding at the back. Didn’t give the na piarsaigh forwards a sniff.

Barry Sullivan had a huge impact and Hogan really stepped up today.

For na piarsaigh it was total devastation. The Dows race was run early in the second half but like all great players he comes alive when the ball goes dead. See goal and disallowed goal.

Was Kennedy injured? I said earlier in the year I wasn’t sure where grimes fitted in and was surprised he started today.

Well done ballygunner. For a big club they seem to have created a great club culture.

I hope they go all the way now.

1 Like

Gas that. I was at both Midleton and Ballyea matches in Walsh Park and Ballygunner had a very small support both days. Ballyea completely outnumbered them. All waiting for the final.

Ballygunner are still essentially a country club even with all the expansion out the Dunmore Road side of town just about reaching Ballygunner village.

Maybe so. I remember them having a big noisy crowd again at last year’s Munster final.

I don’t remember them being particularly big at the Thurles sars game in 2016

Yes. I was there at last year’s Munster Final and they had a big support. Think it’s the Leinster winners next in semi final? Most likely Ballyhale you would think.