Club Championships 2018

Small number is right. If I recall, Kev just disagreed with everyone and had about 100 posts on the appointment about how Shefflin was arrogant and jumped straight to the top.

Classic Kev

I think Kilcoo are in decline.

Darragh O’Hanlon will be gone for them anyway after spinal surgery.

Not sure what shape Scotstown are in.

Crossmaglen should come out in Armagh and I think they look by far the strongest team left in Ulster now.

You were very badly wrong on the strength of the Derry club scene. @glenshane gave you a real schooling there.

Who’s left in Derry ? Watty Grahams surely favs now? Ballinderry in transition?

Coleraine would be favourites I’d imagine but it’s wide open. With the McGoldricks, Mullans and Holly they have a raft of players with intercounty experience and have been at the latter end of the Derry championship for the past number of years.

Glen haven’t been close to a county final in recent years and have really failed to build on all those talented underage teams. Glass is a huge loss for them and they seem to suffer from a lot of their lads going abroad to the states for the summer.

1 Like

Could Glass play? Mark O’Connor is playing for Dingle at the moment.

How much of the ridiculous underage success was simply down to Glass?

It wasn’t all down to Glass but he was by far the best player they produced, think they won a few underage titles before that and Tallon, Emmett Bradley and McFaul were all quality players they produced then and were pivotal to the Macrory Cups St Pats Maghera won.

They just don’t seem to have kicked on at all at senior level. I’d say there would be doubts over their leadership at this end of the Championship, that’s why I’d fancy Coleraine to win it out.

Aren’t Coleraine out again this weekend against Ballinascreen? It’s perfectly set up for Screen and I’d expect them to be in the final now.

Coach Shefflin has only co-managed Ballyhale to beat the Boro without their main man Cillian Buckley. Cody won’t be feeling the pressure just yet.

A real good sign for Derry club football that traditional powerhouses and former ulster club winners like Bellaghy , dungiven , ballerin, Loup and Ballinderry can’t make the semi finals .

Be class if they had a ladies team called the Ballerinas.

1 Like

Reserve championship is great

Coalisland are through to the final after edging Edendork by a point in the first of the semi finals.

Amazingly Coalisland have made it to the final by winning each of their three games to date by a point. The competitive beauty of the Tyrone Championship.

Ardboe and Killyclogher meet tomorrow.

Is Brian McGuigan still playing for Ardboe

No, Tommy is though as is his younger brother Shea.

Brian was managing them last year.

1 Like

Cillian Buckley played last Sunday

1 Like

Big fan of Tommy as a footballer - reminded me a lot more of the oul lad than Brian ever did.

Cuala in bother. 2-4 to 4 down v crokes. 20 gone

What stage is that? Semi-final?