Club Championships 2019

The standard in glen v Midleton game is like another sport

I suppose the cameras were already there, but it seemed like a bit of an odd game to show.

@kerry1891 were you at it? Sounds like the good old days.

The game was delayed for five minutes in the first half by the incident before order was eventually restored by match referee Simon Stokes and his officials. Stokes flashed 13 yellows and red cards to Kilmoyley’s Paudie O’Connor and Philip Maunsell.

3-11 for Shane Conway, some going. 3-2 from play.

Best Kerry hurler since Brick

That’s harsh on the two lads

1 Like

no Julio, didn’t make it. I heard it wasn’t that big a fracas though!

1 Like

Thurles laying down a marker for November

Big crowd for this prestigious cup final

Club hurling is where the real spectator interest is

1 Like

Thurles will shit the pot as usual when they have to venture outside Tipp

Mick Ryan needs to reassess I think.

Sars were down Maher x2, Cahill, McCarthy, Corbett and Pa Bourke.

There’s only so much The Dow and co can do to make up the difference

Was that a game for opening the pitch? About time for them

Townies generally don’t have many supporters

Na Piarsaigh and Thurles Sarsfields are two of the biggest and most successful clubs in the game

Given what has been said on this forum about the importance of club hurling, you’d think for a prestigious cup final that both would have attracted a sizeable band of travelling ultras, and there would have been plenty of neutral interest, but obviously not

1 Like

Sars have the lowest amount of supporters of any senior club in Tipp I’d say. Not sure about Na Piarsaigh on that front but not many people are going to travel an hour and a half to a challenge game, club or county

Yes they opened the pitch.

I actually think this will have a bad effect on Thurles. The Outside Field may be a kip but it gave the club a focal point in the heart of the town.

To make a Champions League comparison to Munster club hurling, Thurles Sarsfields v Na Piarsaigh would be the equivalent of Bayern Munich v Barcelona

These clubs are giants of the Munster club hurling scene

Yet their supporters didn’t turn up

That’s a decent point in general maybe but as Sars don’t have juveniles I can’t see it being a major issue for them

It was a friendly (in soccer parlance)

Sars don’t have supporters. I was at a junior club game between two small parishes tonight, one of which it being their second team and there was a much bigger crowd at it than would go to Tipp games from those parishes