Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Ballygunner won’t like this. They always, always seem to get a Quarter Final.

Big chance for a Tipp team to make a final.

Handier side of the draw v Clare and Tipp champions, avoid NAP until the final

The last time they met the Tipp champions, they came acropper after walloping the Limerick champions in the Semi final.

A trip to Sixmilebridge in round one won’t be simple either. Davy won’t allow another debacle like 2019 when Barry Coughlan looked like Carl Lewis running through the Sixmilebridge backline.

Piss easy Semi Final draw for whichever of the “Top 4 Teams in Ireland” comes through in Limerick.

Limerick champs have a fair handy path to final.

The one caveat I would have on this is “The Well” met a bang average Glen Rovers side in a semi final in 2016 and couldn’t figure it out at all.

That was a brutal defeat.

The Well hadn’t won a county for thirteen years. I’d say they were gutted.

They got hammered by Ballygunner a few years later as well

Disaster for the Cork rep (probably Sars).

Who will win the Tipp intermediate hurling @peddlerscross etc would they be weak enough given there are 127 senior clubs in Tipp?

1 Like

I would say it’s between Moyne and Ballingarry but @the_man_himself would know more.

Knockavilla won’t be far away either.

1 Like

Over the last decade or so nearly every draw has been a disaster for cork clubs. Very few wins

Tipp intermediate champions have been consistently competitive in the Munster club championships despite the fact we have 32 senior teams.

They are not big enough for counties to base structures around them. Kerry with 8 senior clubs is not enough as an example but some think it’s great when their intermediate champions (9th best team) beat Mayo or Tyrones 17th in front of 1500 people in Croke park.

1 Like

Because Cork senior championship is crap.

It’s as open a Championship as you could find really. I think Ballingarry and Moyne are the only unbeaten teams through the divisions and 2 County Championship rounds but both have had one draw in there too. There’s a few football clubs like Kilsheelan and Moyle Rovers that could give it a good rattle if they put the effort in. Knockavilla even with their 4 players gone seem to be always bringing through good Hurlers.

Gortnahoe won it last year and have had a flying start to Senior B life qualifying for the quarters after 2 games.

1 Like

Kilmoyley will have a rattle off whoever it is anyway. They made the final a few years back

I’d say they’ll probably start that game as favourites when it comes to it unless Moyne hit form

Some gap between games for them though. That’s probably fixed for the end of November?

I’d agree.

Munster intermediate is
Kerry’s best side
Waterford’s 13th
Clares 18th
Corks 25th?
Limericks 13th?
Tipps 33rd

If you had each counties 13th best team then Tipp would win the most.

People shouldn’t pay much clout in intermediate and junior club championships at provincial level.

2 Likes

Cork teams generally win it.

The Munster intermediate is relatively open. Think Cork clubs lead the role of honour but each county has had multiple winners and finalists. It is a very even competition.

Cork utterly dominate the junior.