Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Belfast’s O’Donovan Rossa beat Cushendall in Antrim semi-final!!

Cushendall scored 1-2 in last 5 minutes of normal time to get level and then another goal in added time to go 3 up but Rossa came back with 1-1 to win the game! Rossa’s first final since early 2000’s I think.

Final score Rossa 4-18 Cushendall 3-20

6 Likes

Later this afternoon Belfast’s St John’s play Loughgiel Dunloy in the other semi-final and are in with at least a good shout. Possibility of an all Belfast final. I don’t know when that last happened!

Sounded a great game, 4-9 scored after the last waterbreak. Its Dunloy that are in the other semi, they are big favourites too.

Yes Sorry. Carried away with that first game! Will edit

At 7\2 are St John’s worth a punt? I know Dunloy beat them in the group by 7 points(?) but taking out Loughgiel will have given them a lift.

Miserable looking say down in Thurles.

Weather awful ok : game poor but conditions a factor ??

Nenagh wouldn’t hurl spuds to ducks :duck:

4 Likes

Just 4 points scored in 45 minutes points to that ok

Thought Nenagh would be a lot better than this. Woeful.

1 Like

The kerry senior champions have yet to win it which isnt a good thing to say about kerry club hurling

Ballyduff got to two finals, Kilmoyley one final. Effin bt Ballyduff in one, I think it was Silvermines beat them in the other, Lismore beat Kilmoyley in final

Lixnaw beat the Cork champions one year in Cork in a QF but lost SF afterwards

Very poor conditions for the 2nd semi final. Dunloy by 9. Stretched it after the 2nd half water break.

Final score Dunloy 1 - 19 St John’s 0- 13

Final pairing:

Dunloy v O’Donovan Rossa

I’d expect Dunloy to be favourites but Rossa have shown themselves to be a very resilient side this season and Dunloy will need to be at their best.

1 Like

I thought Rossa were the better team today but the Dall never give up and when they got the goal in the 59th minute i thought they had got out of jail. But i think the switch at half time by Rossa at half time was key. They brought Gerard Walsh back to full back to mark McManus and moved Michael Armstrong up to full forward. Walsh kept McManus quiet and Armstrong scored 2 goals and caught the ball in injury time and laid it off for the winning goal. First final for them since 2004.

The second semi-final was lost by St Johns in the 2nd minute when Ciaran Johnston was sent off. Terrible discipline and its let the Johnnies down in the past. They kept at it alright and Dunloy were a bit lax in the first half but the result was never in doubt, The conditions were atrocious.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Has Connolly packed up Vincents?

I think so

I thought either Ballygunner or Na Pairsaigh were a cert for Munster club hurling but now i am not so sure. Ballygunner struggling through Waterford and Peter Casey a huge loss for Na Pairsaigh. Could the Tipp champions be a dark horse?

If Borris get out of Tipp, they’ll be hard beaten.

I was very impressed with them on Sunday.

There is surely a better resolution than this to Boden using an extra sub.

1 Like