Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Would Tipp lads not be angry at what the McGrath’s did, especially John? brain-dead stuff from experienced hurlers who should know better.

This is Noel McGraths, there was an incident in the lead up to it not captured, where he was provoked

To be fair to this chap he got a belt down the middle of the chest and was probably hurt

This is the second one. Penalty had been awarded. Ballygunnar lad was holding onto the ball and McGrath gave him a flick/push. He was already on a yellow. Cunt went down like the hand was after being cut off him

1 Like

They generally get away with them. Noel McGrath’s wasn’t a red but he is very loose with the hurley at times, against Borris-Ileigh this year he could have got sent off a few times for small jabs to the stomach.

John McGrath’s I suppose is technically a red card but I’ve seen him and others do that flick to get the ball out of a lads hand after a free is given loads of times and there’s usually nothing about it because the player doesn’t make anything of it.

1 Like

The penalty itself was some farce of a decision as well

1 Like

They were both foolish by the two lads. Both harsh probably but both foolish as well, left themselves in a position where they were relying on Johnny Murphy to have some common sense.

The diving for John McGraths in particular was also a disgrace.

No winners, only losers between the two McGraths, the olympic diver and Johnny Murphy

Had Ballygunnar gotten away with just the penalty over turned there it would have been a great result for them

Can someone please post a poll whether it was a red or not. My feet are firmly planted in the ‘No’ camp.

1 Like

Thanks for posting those up. The Noel McGrath is a very soft red. Yellow card all day long. The John McGrath one is an embarrassment to all concerned.

2 Likes

Yep, Noel’s wasn’t a red, but he shouldn’t have reacted at all, and John’s I think was a second yellow?, which would have been justified, again zero need for it. Most definitely not a penalty. The ref was a hames alright

A lot of teams try to start a bit of a skirmish after conceding a pelanty just to test the ref’s nerve and see if he will throw it in instead.

I would have more sympathy for John than Noel though. At least he’s trying to retrieve the ball and get on with the game. He’s unfortunate to be mugged off completely by Barry Coughlan, SOK’y and Philip Mahony.

If Paddy Leavy has the ball in play for Noel’s shoulder to chest, its a free and a yellow card so with no ball next nor near the place he’s asking for trouble.

Its a real pity as Loughmore would have won if they’d kept the heads you’d suspect.

Think the linesman called that one, probably thought McGrath stuck the hurl into the stomach (which he didn’t) from the way your man went down. The linesman’s view would have been partially blocked by the ballygunnar player

Yeah asking the linesman at that side was no good as he didn’t have a view of the key part. I wouldn’t overly blame yerman Leavy either. It was definitely a strong enough challenge to put him down, though he probably could have got straight back up

Was it Leavy that hit Noel McGrath before that or somebody else?

Perish the thought that players should take personal responsibility for their actions.

It was.

Noel McGrath has ten times more hurling ability than Leavy and should have just focused on ramming it down his throat on the scoreboard instead so its a real pity. I would say its his first ever red card in a big game.

Listening to Tipp FM last night the fall out from this will continue for quite some time yet and Tipp vs Waterford in Walsh Park next year should be tremendous fun. There should be a fair few of the same players involved.

There will be very few Ballygunner involved with Waterford next year and if Noel McGrath ( great hurler) is still starting for Tipp next year they are going no where

The Liam Cahill factor will be enough

Dessie and Ian Kenny (God help us) the only likely starters.

Kenny, Hogan and Hutchinson were all good for Waterford this year so will probably be there again next year.

Waterford have no depth at all in there panel so you could maybe one Mahony in there along with Sheehan and even Leavy at some stage.

McGrath x3, Connolly and John Meaghar will all be close to starting for Tipp.

Kenny was brilliant on Sunday. (He does struggle at I/C I know)