Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

Doyle?

Brian Byrne.

Is Tom Mullally training Naas?

Tom Mullally training Naas. He has had very good success with MLR and Clara. With Carlow now I think.
I assume it is James Burke that @Blake is referring to.

He won an AI junior championship with Glenmore a few years back as well, albeit I don’t know how they got themselves relegated to junior in the first place with the players they had at their disposal, but that was before Mullally took over.

@peddlerscross your love affair with the biggest and richest club in Waterford because you drank a few pints with a few of them in the Rock is a bit bizarre.

2 Likes

Even the way Johnny Murphy sent off John McGrath looked cuntish, I’ve never seen a ref brandish a red and yellow card at the same time, one in either hand, thought Loughmore had scored a touch down.

8 Likes

His manner at club level towards players can leave a little to be desired at times.

To be honest - and tin hat on - we’ve had him for adult club championship matches in recent years and have never had any issues. He has been consistent enough, and not made any match changing decisions either way.

He just doesn’t seem suited to intercounty/high profile senior club matches though. Was it 50 or 60 frees in a league game between Dublin and Wexford the other year? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I wouldnt say I have a love affair with BG and I don’t ever remember ‘drinking pints’ with any BG Club members in ‘The Rock’. I can be very thankful to one BG Club member alright for a personal favour he did for me when I was a young lad.

I would say they are a great club though and bring great razzmatazz and box office appeal to the Munster Club Hurling Championship. Borrisileigh’s Munster Club win in 2019 is greatly enhanced because it was Ballygunner they beat in the final as opposed to someone else.

The resentment and vitriol being shown towards them since Sunday is also very, very odd. They did very little wrong in the grand scheme of things.

I don’t get that.

I agree they are a great club in general but do they bring a huge support or something in regards this razzmatazz you mention? I wouldn’t be classing them as Munster Royalty or anything like that. I’d still view Mount Sion as the club in Waterford overall personally - with their success & players they’ve produced.

5 Likes

Yes to me Ballygunner just flatter to deceive. They’re like a slightly better version of the Thurles Sars team of the mid 2010s

2 Likes

This year is their 12th Munster Club Final appearance which is far more than any other Club in Munster Club Hurling history. Next highest is 8 final appearances (Mount Sion by the way)

Its also spanning 5 different decades now at this stage so I wouldn’t exactly call them ‘new money’ either in the Na Piarsaigh sense. They are very much Munster Club Royalty at this stage.

In terms of support, I would say they bring good crowds but I appreciate they have a big population nowadays. They have a tradition of picking a section of the stand and telling all supporters to gather together to generate a bit of atmosphere.

They have 9 wins from 11 Munster Club Games going back to 2017 now which is fair tipping so the true connoisseurs of the game appreciate this current crop’s ability and big game mentality. Idiots on Twitter refer to them as ‘soft townies’.

They would have a very poor support conquering their massive population.

Your attitude to Ballygunner is in stark contrast with your attitude to Limerick. It is most unusual

Double standards

I’ll take your points.

But they’ve 2 wins from 11 finals. Soon to be 2 from 12 imo.

I just can’t acknowledge that as royalty.

I think Ballygunnar can really trouble Ballyhale if they meet. Hutchhinson in particular will cause havoc. Would be a cracker.

It may well be 2 wins from 12 finals after this year, but I’d love to know what clubs can be deemed ‘Royalty’ when the club that has won more games than any other in it, aren’t.

There’s a touch of the buff egan off this fella.

3 Likes

Shame it’s not going to happen.

Ballygunner will have it all to do to beat Kilmallock and in Croke Park its very hard to see Ballyhale beaten.

Not playing Dessie in the 2019 AI Semi Final in Thurles when he was fit and available was absolute insanity when you think about it.