Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

There’s 130 odd teams. There’s a reasonable club spirit considering but it’s not comparable to a rural club at all.

The underage football development officer is particularly excellent and he’ll get senior players along to kids stuff but it’s hard.

In my group we split into 4 groups every Saturday and go to 4 different clubs so even at that level it’s not a given.

Would there be loads of the kids organised to go that game today say or would it just be the children of the die hards? Many flags hanging off houses in the area?

Think Hurling and football were separate clubs for a bit …

Is that the Monaghan lad?

1 Like

If kilcoo carry the ball into the tackle like today crokes will ate them … Crokes are really strong in that department …

It is.

He’s a great lad. Takes a lot of interest in lads development outside of football. I’d say he’s a good mentor to a lot of them

1 Like

Yeah buses arranged and a big push to go

1 Like

Knew him years ago , sound man alright .

1 Like

Yeah. I recall a master tunnel row in a league game down in Tralee too maybe 7 years ago. Think it was Donegal were visiting.

I think Crokes, boden and cuala have all benefitted from how physical rugby has gotten … the south Dublin mOms don’t want their sons getting broke up and concussed …

An awful pity Kilmacud aren’t still sponsored by Bank of Ireland.

You could make a great joke about both finalists being funded by Banks. They just went about it in different ways.

1 Like

Kilmacud are funded by a private hospital while Kilcoo are funded by people who put other people in hospital.

Justice being served all round today. Great to see.

Naas 4 up at half time. Look a serious team. Hardly hit a wide. Kilmoyley not firing but Naas aren’t letting them. They’ll need some magic to keep with them

1 Like

Naas by two. They made an absolute war of it in the second half. Had chances. Disappointing

Junior and Intermediate both hampered by the weather. First touch hard to come by.

Big win for Kildare hurling.

3 Likes

Great win for Naas. I’d fancy them to take a few scalps in the Leinster senior club championship over the next decade.

2 Likes

They were convincing winners against Glenmore and Oylgate too. Very impressive. The next MLR I’d say.

Are there many hurling clubs in Kildare? I assume Naas walked the championship?

I wouldn’t say walked. Celbridge gave them a tight game in the final. But they’re comfortably the best team. Maynooth will be good in a couple years.

There’s about 15-20 clubs and Bs of bigger clubs. They’ve just expanded from 3 tiers to 4.

IMG-20220128-WA0012

Mostly situated in North Kildare. South Kildare essentially has 1 club.

1 Like