Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

I’d say the wattage is low.

2 Likes

I think its fairly common knowledge that this current crop of Down players are probably the least committed of any Inter County team anywhere for years.

In the middle of the NFL there were Stags/Cheltenham trips, piss ups in the Holylands before training on Paddy’s Night etc… Then the weekend in Dublin…

Genie has probably gone OTT here but he isn’t a million miles wrong either.

LoLz

desire for change?

Donegal would have been very similar to this before Jimmy

I dont think so. McCartan wont hang around after this year and even he wanted to he would be pushed. Brannigan putting the boot in gratuitously is what it looks like

He’s club FOTY mate he can do what he wants. He’s absolutely dead right

1 Like

He has no more worlds to conquer.

AI Winner, MOTM in a Club All Ireland and Club Footballer of the Year. The real thing.

1 Like

Club FOTY :laughing:

You go on and on about an All Ireland Minor Championship, a competition so important it was disbanded years ago…

Who picks Club FOTY?

1 Like

What can a club or a county do in that situation? Is it a case of management losing the dressing room and how can you change that culture? Do you appoint someone the players might fear like an authoritarian figure. Its very hard to communicate to younger players these days. There is nearly a generation gap between a 20 year old and a 30 year old even though there is not a big difference to bridge age wise.

I dont know. At Inter County you need a great man manager and a few leaders in the team.

Its borderline impossible to change a culture at Club level. There’s a reason why the same clubs dominate in every county and other clubs never get beyond Junior or Intermediate.

Very easy to stand outside the tent pissing in. Just hope he doesnt tinkle on his tights.

4 Likes

I think the TG4 lads do.

Comes back to underage results at club level too. If you take your eye of that you won’t be long finding yourself in intermediate or junior. Any reasonably sized club can strive to improve significantly by putting in a huge effort in to the underage. That will filter through more often than not.

ah i wouldnt agree, there are always exceptions to rules as well…

You take Crossabeg in Wexford, Lowest grade of Football 10 years ago and Junior hurling, senior in both now.

2 Likes

That really is one of the most ignorant interviews I’ve ever read from any sportsman.

Seems like a coward to me. Very easy to knock a team from the outside but at the end of the day if he wanted to change that “culture” in Down he would.

He isn’t good enough anyway for interc county football.

10 Likes

Maybe, but very few clubs come from nowhere to reach the top and very few fall off the map altogether.

Doora Barefield I suppose came and went and there’s probably more examples but like if you look at the Provincial Club Championships the same clubs tend to come back through again and again through different generations… Ballyhale/Ballygunner/Kilmallock/Thurles Sars/Sixmilebridge/Corofin/Nemo/Crokes etc. They all keep coming back.

Growing up watching your club play in County Finals/Provincial Club is worth its weight in gold.

2 Likes

Fethard in Tipp didn’t quite fit that mould but your point is a good one and maybe there will be exceptions to what you outlined. They won over 20 senior county titles. Won 4 or 5 county U21s in a row where I was playing in that age bracket. Played Munster club but then fell off a cliff for a good while. Have been playing intermediate for a while now and there are some signs they have got their house back in order especially at underage but they have huge backing from Coolmore and have a new full length all weather pitch as well. Demographics probably plays into it. Rugby semi took off there too as it did in Cashel. It may have taken a few years to win back the hearts and minds of young kids in both towns.

1 Like

Kilcoo themselves hadn’t won a county in 72 years before they broke through in the late 00’s. I doubt that statement would stand up to very much scrutiny at all.

1 Like