Club Championships 2021 - is fulvio a cameraman?

What will they do in December ffs

When are the Provincial Club/All Ireland Club scheduled for?

Correct

Wexford were able to run off their hurling championship quick enough after Davy facilitated an early exit in June.

All the other counties were hurling well into July.

Run around.

That’s true enough. Wexford got knocked out on 17th of July and the better counties like Galway went on a good 7 days longer and Tipperary lasted a whole 2 weeks longer than Davy.

MLR sending out a statement of intent in this Carlow final @ChairmanDan. Very slick so far. Could give Leinster a rattle?

1 Like

Just back from Austin Stacks and the Kerry hurling final.

Kilmoyley vs Ardfert an all parish affair.

A funny game, one for the sports psychologists more than the hurling purists.
Both sides defences were well on top and both sides played a withdrawn half forward line so it was a ferocious scrap for every score.

Kilmoyley were horrendously wasteful once they got to the last third and their full forward line was cleaned in the first half. But it was point for point throughout until with literally the last puck of the first half Ardfert pounced on a defensive mistake to to drill in a goal from close range to leave them 4 points up at halftime. It seemed at the time to be a massive score as chances were at a premium. Ardfert led by 4, 1-8 to 0-7 at halftime.
Second half started similarly, but Kilmoyley continued to be wasteful and Ardfert tacked on two more to lead by 6 with 20 minutes to go.
It was all over, they just had to manage the game out. But they Devon Loched it, I don’t know did they run out of steam or did they, as I would guess, get into their own heads thinking fuck it we are going to win it here. They stopped doing the simple things, they were driving it clear and not playing through the lines as they had been, balls that were coming into their hand no problem were starting to be spilled, the keeper stopped hitting short puckouts which had been pretty successful. They seized up basically.
In contrast Kilmoyley never panicked, they never chased goals, even though it seemed they’d need one,
They had a great goal chance when three down, but the forward Daire Nolan lost his footing just as the defence had parted, but they never dropped the heads and kept plugging away, they reeled them in point by point by point until they got it back to one.
Adrian Royle who’d come in at half time made a big impact, giving them a ball winner in the FF line which they had been badly lacking.
Then star man Collins missed two difficult (but for him scoreable frees) to level it, one from the 45 from right on the sideline and one from his own 45 which dropped inches short and it seemed Ardfert had weathered the storm, they got back to two ahead and the sides traded points for another few minutes.
And then out of nothing, a minute of normal time left, a shite ball in, completely missed by the defender, it popped into the hands of Maurice O’Connor (normally a prolific forward but well marshalled on the day) right man in the right place. He was never going to miss and he smashed it to the net.
Kilmoyley tacked on another in normal time to win by three for a finish.
There was a bit of excitement right at the death when Ardfert had a goal, but it was ruled out for a square ball and they didn’t seem to put up much complaint, the whistle was gone before it went in I would say but there was great excitement in the stands as half of them seemed to think it was a goal for a good 30 secs afterwards.

1-14 to 1-11 for the record

Two in a row for Kilmoyley, I don’t know how you get a winning mentality, but they have it, always turn up and never beaten. Tom Murnane collected, I think, his 9th county title. John Meyler strikes again with Kilmoyley. He has some record with them. That’s 26 titles for Kilmoyley, pushing them one ahead of Ballyduff on the all time list. The county titles page on wiki is literally already updated. :grinning: Serious bidness. Kilmoyley team is fairly young bar Murnane, you’d expect they’ll have a right cut off the three in a row.

Ardfert will be sick, I wouldn’t say they were robbed, but they had the game in their hands and they fucked it away. They haven’t that many of them won they can afford to be doing that either. A lot of their better players were their old hands so not sure a quick rebound is on the cards.

13 Likes

@Julio_Geordio is Danny Healy Rae

6 Likes

Very similar hairline

2 Likes

Super report, twas almost like I was at it myself.
Like awarded for the superb use of the term “Devon Loched it”……

2 Likes

great report Julio

the Kerry county hurling final., always a great sporting occasion in Kerry

Were you down for it?

No Julio unfortunately

A 48 year old Paud O’Dwyer lined out at corner back yesterday for Palatine in the Carlow Junior Hurling Final.

3 Likes

The referee for our Junior B game at the weekend was 69 years of age :smiley:

1 Like

Would Maura have good hands?

Watching the TG4 highlights package here. Fair to say that the club game is a consistently more entertaining product than the county game.

7 Likes

Very handy YT channel. Has all the highlights mainly from Waterford & Kilkenny.

3 Likes

The inter county scene in both football & hurling is in real bother