Club Championships 2024

Came across a brilliant game between Dr Crokes and Dingle on Clubber. Great entertainment.

Its that time of the year again…

Official @peddlerscross Club Hurling POWER RANKINGS as of 30/07/2024

1. Ballygunner
  2. Ballyhale Shamrocks
  3. St. Thomas’s
  4. Kilmacud Crokes
  5. Dunloy
  6. O’Loughlin Gaels
  7. Na Piarsaigh (Limerick)
  8. Na Fianna (Dublin)
  9. Kilcormac Killoughy
  10. Cushendall
  11. Ballyea
  12. Slaughtneil
  13. Naas
  14. Clonlara
  15. Clarinbridge
  16. Kiladangan
  17. St Finbarrs
  18. Dicksboro
  19. Turloughmore
  20. Doon
9 Likes

Some amount of heavy hitters in this championship.

By my count 6 of the 16 there have won Munster senior club titles.

7 Likes

A bye product of only 8 senior football teams.

Munster v Ulster All Ireland semi so handy path for Munster champs who probably will be Ballygunner.

There is nothing soft about the Ulster Champions.

Cushendall edged out by one point in last years semi final while Dunloy beat St Thomas’s out the gate in 2022.

2 Likes

A stunning lack of respect there for Ulster club hurling

Not in a semi but Ulster champs will not beat Ballygunner.

Mount Sion would beat Naas with their caps ffs.

2 Likes

Ballyea ranking is suspect

1 Like

I don’t think they would. They are a serious side and getting stronger.

I believe the @peddlerscross ™ Power Rankings are dependent on the likelihood of a club winning their county championship and entering Provincial Competition

3 Likes

In the group of death and the supporting cast getting weaker and weaker each year. They are bookies favourites for Clare and are dogged but i think they will struggle to get out of the group with three very athletic sides

Yes that is the backbone to the process alright. The likelihood of each team winning the All Ireland Club.

There is a UEFA co-efficient index element to the seedings also. Ballyea and Na Piarsaigh score highly in this part even if i do think myself both will be caught in their respective County Championships this year myself.

1 Like

Brendans board in theory have some team with the Mitchels, Stacks and O’Rahillys lads all playing together for the first time since they split Tralee in three. Along with the rest of the clubs Ardfert, Churchill etc

Stacks lads didn’t try a leg for them last year though, supposedly convinced they were going to walk the intermediate and be back senior straight away. Be interesting to see if they change attitude this year. Stacks and Rahillys were both in the senior county final in 2021.

The 21s final this year was Brendans Vs Stacks as well. So plenty youth available

Ballyea wont get out of the group.

They might blow out at the group but they are also by far the most likely Clare club to do something at Provincial/All Ireland level.

East Kerry v Brendan’s in a county final could be akin to a big provincial knockout game between Munster & Leinster with a full house in Austin stack park.

Edit: it’s the GAA, there will be 2,300 people in a soulless Fitzgerald stadium.