Club Championships 2024

How do you see the final going? MLR will surely start Nolan for it.

I wasn’t at the St Mullins replay last night. I thought St Mullins were scratchy enough in the drawn semi final against Bagenalstown and Rangers were very impressive in seeing off a Ballinkillen side who had been playing well all year, without Chris Nolan and Fiachra Fitzpatrick.

Chris Nolan will start next week. He was a day out for the semi final after coming back from Boston. Rangers will be fairly warm favourites but these games take on a life of their own. On balance I’d say Rangers though.

1 Like

I’d be up for MLR. I see Conor Kehoe goaled again last night. He raises green flags every day he goes out.

Wound up in 2011. Sean Og had been doing it since 1953. He took it over from his father who had been doing it since RTE was set up in 1926.

6 Likes

sad when a tradition like that ends.

4 Likes

The best way to see the fixtures nationwide now is the PP/Boylesports websites.

Trying to find results is just a nightmare.

4 Likes

Hard believe counties can’t sort proper fixtures and results on their websites. Laois’ one is excellent

https://www.finalwhistle.ie/hurling/limerick-shc/

This one isn’t bad for Senior Championships.

Oisin Mansell goal puts Abbeydorney 6 up in the county final.

Enda Rowland has scored from a puck out today in the Laois SHC in OMP. Wind assisted naturally.

All Abbeydorney in the Kerry county hurling final. Look way hungrier and have all the momentum. 1-11 to 0-5 at HT.

Ballyduff will surely respond but is the gap too big?

This is some game. 3 blatant goal chances missed since half-time, 2 by Abbeydorney, 1 by Ballyduff.

Goal for Ballyduff but only a minute of normal time left. 6 in it.

Abbeydorney win it. Incredible scenes.

Delighted for them. A long time waiting.

Two famines broken in Kerry hurling in two years

4 Likes

I threw on Ballygunner & Lismore on Clubber (which is proving a shrewd purchase already) and Lismore have just scored 2 goals in a row and lead by 3. It’s only a group game so wouldn’t knock them out and a long way to go but Lismore are rightly fired up.

Maurice Shanahan still has it.

Edit- Ballygunner goal.

Maurice has just missed a penalty :see_no_evil:

Really poorly-struck.

And now they’re down to 14. That’ll be that, you’d imagine.

Also missed a free straight in front of the posts but the 14-men have cut the gap to a point! A hat-trick goal for Ben O’Sullivan.

Lismore have balls tbf.

I broke my leg in an u21 championship match and distinctly remember listening to sean og read out the result as I lay in the hospital bed that night with a little tear rolling down my cheek.

6 Likes

Patrick Fitzgerald made a very quick return from the injury but looked very very rusty.

Ballygunner were poor but being in a battle will stand to them.

Lismore have a fair sprinkling of I/C experience and adopted the St Thomas’s approach of getting stuck in which is what you need to do. They’ll feel they should have won that. The missed penalty was a killer and the sending off was unnecessary.

1-02 from Rowland in the first half from his own goal

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/status/1820129968304845291?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like