Club Championships 2024

Once he hears the code ā€œredā€ being shouted he knows heā€™s fucked and the panic sets in before he even catches it.

1 Like

The ref will pull him for steps as soon as he sees him panic and heā€™ll have about 10 lads from the opposition roaring ā€œYeeeessssā€ in his face as they queue up to retrieve the ball back.

3 Likes

Not too many hurling teams play a sweeper anymore I would think, but they may play an extra man somewhere else to allow space inside.
Puck outs is the most obvious one, where are they going, long/short/target.
Weaknesses / on the ball at the back especially.
Do they have any set puck outs for short in frees is an easy enough one to watch out for.

One facet of the game that drove me wrong was players even at HT of a game not aware of what side their opponent was striking off.

Lads being done by side steps of dummies and not being ready to challenge a strike properly.

Iā€™ve spent the last 6 years in the wilderness of Dublin park hurling from division 5 to 8. Itā€™s hard to believe the amount of hurlers that canā€™t strike a ball off their weaker side.

1 Like

Iā€™d track possessions of each player and note were they positive/negative. Very easily done. Very easy see a pattern of who they trust with the ball and who they dont.

1 Like

A killer, however all those hoors are gymed up and can cover ground.

I must have come across you Loko, I have floated last 20 years and still am floating in the AHL5 to AHL10 realm!

More AHL10 these times, the odd match at AHL5

You probably have, think more Dave Guiney than Barry Nash.

Lads thatā€™s good stuff above, thank you

I love the whispering nature of commentaries of Dublin championship matches on the Dublin GAA YouTube channel.

Usually itā€™s OisĆ­n Langan but itā€™s some other lad here for Brigidā€™s v Cuala.

RTEā€™s Voice Of Badminton Whispering John Oā€™Donovan would be perfect as a third wheel in this role.

Even at inter county thereā€™s corner backs you want to get the ball and ones you donā€™t.

Con with a miss for the ages today

1 Like

Smoked

1 Like

Connie Rosenthal

1 Like

Lucan Sarsfields scramble a draw against Krokes Kilmakud after being four down after 63 minutes. As bad a goalkeeping mistake by the Krokes goalkeeper as youā€™ll ever see to give Lucan the goal that got them back to one point down. He got blinded by the sun and let a harmless pat of a short ball in from outfield trickle past him into the net.

A good weekend for late goals to draw games in the Dublin SHC.

Kilmacud made some mess of that.

Gibbons in goal is super talented but has mistakes like that in him.

Does that now effectively knock Cuala out it does?

Iā€™ve no idea. The tables on the Dublin GAA website are very difficult to follow. Bye look to have a good chance of progressing in both groups and Iā€™m not sure what happens if they meet each other in the knockout stages.

The Waterford hurling final is on tomorrow. Ballygunner v Abbeyside. Iā€™m writing Ballygunner off for this one and am predicting an ascendant Abbeyside to get them and especially get Dessie Hutchinson.

1 Like

Its pretty much a given now i think for the final order of that group to be as follows:

1. Na Fianna
  2. Kilmacud
  3. Lucan
  4. Cuala
  5. Brigids

Kilmacud look like a team that could do with the extra game in a Quarter Final.

Was at Lucan v Crokes. Poor enough for long periods, Na Fianna wonā€™t be too bothered. Crokes obviously have Na Fianna in mind playing a sweeper/extra defender, but certainly not required for Lucan firepower. Ended up being their undoing as their score was very low. Although Kenny did tie up Coffey they certainly could have pushed someone on.
They will be happy enough with Considineā€™s display when he came on, he was a right handful. Lucan held up Brian Hayes pretty well, but Jesus his pace is frightening. Dara Purcell looks like heā€™s out for the season which will be a very sour one. Conan Oā€™Rian is some talent, surely in with Dublin next year.
Lucan will be delighted with the result. They were comfortable enough at the back but really struggle from midfield up. Coffey hadnā€™t a hope as Kenny was glued to him for the day. They already have one defender playing as an extra midfielder, itā€™s hard to see where the scores will come from. Theyā€™re still capable of making a final if the draw is kind to them.
Waiting for the outright market on Monday!!! Hopefully the childrenā€™s allowance is in.

3 Likes