Club Championships 2024

I was commenting more on how wrong you called it. Boden will be sick , had crokes in all sorts of trouble coming down the home straight in second half . Basquells missed free will haunt him, that was winning of game

Ballymun V Cuala

Crokes V Na Fianna

Autumn is here…

4 Likes

A lovely solemnity to the draw, which took place at the back of the church at a funeral. It’s what the deceased would have wanted.

2 Likes

Mun NaF final.

1 Like

Crokes only muddling. Boden better than i thought but died away in ET.

Cuala v Na Fianna final i think now.

2 Likes

That’ll be an interesting one given half of Ballymunners believe themselves to be an integral part of Glasnevin!

Glasnevin North vs Glasnevin Proper.

2 Likes

St Eunan’s 0-07
Naomh Conaill 0-03

Half Time in the big one up North tonight.

Palatine edged out Éire Óg by a point (3-10 to 2-12) in an action packed Carlow SFC semi-final tonight. Jordan Morrissey’s absence a major factor in the defeat for the 2019 Leinster finalists.

2 Likes

Eunan’s edge one point ahead in injury time.

0-10 to 0-09.

Edit: Full Time.

Brendan Devenney has done it.

Excellent,fuck Carrick

Ulster football, both club and county, is hilariously predictable. There’s no point buying a ticket, you might as well turn up after 55 minutes gone, because it’s going to be something like 0-9 to 0-9. Someone will kick a Hail Mary to win it late on, and you’ll wonder why they’ve spent the previous hour hand passing the ball around. James OD decoded it perfectly on the Football pod a few months back.

3 Likes

He’s from Ardmore but living in Dublin to the best of my knowledge.

Crokes cuala final for me

A year or two too early for cuala though where Crokes will win it out

What’s his “full time” gig?

I see Shane Saint has given up his live shows on a Monday/Thursday so must have other things going on.

He works for kclr now presenting Saturday Sunday afternoon sports show. Then he pops up doing random commentating gigs so obviously a very busy man.

I’d imagine Saint will be back for provincial club championships maybe even in October the main county final month, think he’s involved with managing Whitehall in Dublin.

Looking at Oisin’s LinkedIn I’d say he’s working 24/7 :sweat_smile:

“Think he’s involved with managing Whitehall in Dublin…”

That gig ended last year when he walked after Electric Picnic. Managing Olafs this season and has them going well in Inter Championship to be fair.

Kenny Naughton. Ex Galway all Ireland winner as was on their panel in 2001. He transferred to Boden around 2004 or so

1 Like

Probably will alright. Boden won’t be the only team rueing Basquel’s miss yesterday.

Ballymun were longish odds at the start and have surprised with what is not their strongest team in recent years. Might work better for them from a team point of view to have shed some of their galaticos - that and avoiding their perennial kryptonite; discipline.

1 Like