Colds and Flus

Seeing that I am on tfk at 5.45 would suggest that I am off work today and it is due to a dreaded cold

What do people do about these? I know some people, like my auld fella, who would continue workuing away if he had the biggest temperature in the world. Then I know others who are down for a week with it

Some say the best thing to do is to continue along as usual and that’ll get rid of it quicker. I don’t know. I have a fairly bad dose of it and all I can think about is me bed…

I’m on the receiving end of one at the moment Farmer and I’m in work no bother. Having said that I’m on holidays for 2 weeks at the end of this one so that’s probably a factor. Also it’s not too bad really - more of an inconvenience with a touch of a headache than anything.

Playing it up a touch at home though in order to get dinners cooked and that sort of lark. It’s no fun making your own pasta when you’re under the weather.

You don’t live with any teachers do ya?

I don’t - and I fail to see the connection.

I have had a sore throat, cough and blocked up nose since last Monday week. I have carried on as normal and drank away over the weekend as I was determined not to let it get the better of my time off even though I felt rotten on Friday. I’d usually throw a load of Sudafed, Paracetemol etc into me but this time I didn’t bother for no particular reason and maybe that’s why I still haven’t shaken it off. Even though I haven’t missed work with it this time there’s been other occasions where I’ve taken a day or two off with a similar dose. Suppose it depends on your general mood really as to whether you can be bothered heading to work despite it.

farmerinthecity wrote:

I don’t - and I fail to see the connection.

Teachers have to endure a bad dose usually around this time of the year because they pick up lots of illnesses from children in their classrooms. They build up a tolerance later in the year but they are sometimes ‘caught off guard’ in these weeks.

I’ve a nasty cold at the moment. I think it’s a relapse of last week when I caught a dreadful 24 hour dose that kept me outta work for a day.

I’d definately work through a cold which I plan do do tommorrow, but a flu on the other hand keeps me bed bound with snotty rags, lemslips and Jermey Kyle!

Myself and Flango have a mate and she believes that we only get about one or two flus a lifetime, and that real flus are life threatening, hense why there is an influensa vaccine! Sort of makes sence, does it ??

Funny aswell how the weather is so good and yet we all get Flus, Ireland is a fooked up place to live, a well at least we have a conversation starter for the next Joe Maxi driver we get!

My mam actually teaches little snotty nosed fookers, I should go down to her school and give them a kick in the balls!

Im too much of a hard man to let the flu get the better of me. http://www.thefreekick.com/components/com_fireboard/template/default/images/english/emoticons/grin.gif

But seriously, the only time I would really take time off is if I had the dreaded shakes, your teeth chatter and the enamel gets worn down type shakes, when you get them you know you’re fooked. Then you go through the hot and cold sweats. Bright lights are like staring directly into the sun. Jaysus, Im going to catch the flu just thinking about it.

Myself and Flango have a mate and she believes that we only get about one or two flus a lifetime, and that real flus are life threatening, hense why there is an influensa vaccine! Sort of makes sence, does it ??

What friend is this Ben?

K Marshal. Oh wait that’s a little bit too obvious, better call her Kass M.

Oh, Mrs G. Ivory sorry I mean Mrs Gary I.

farmerinthecity wrote:

Seeing that I am on tfk at 5.45 would suggest that I am off work today and it is due to a dreaded cold

What do people do about these? I know some people, like my auld fella, who would continue workuing away if he had the biggest temperature in the world. Then I know others who are down for a week with it

Some say the best thing to do is to continue along as usual and that’ll get rid of it quicker. I don’t know. I have a fairly bad dose of it and all I can think about is me bed…

Bandage posed an interesting question at lunch farmer - did you go home sick to your aunty’s rather than your own house?

I was wondering how long it would take ye to make that link…

farmerinthecity wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take ye to make that link…

Bit selfish if you ask me. If you’ve got a cold and you’re ridin your aunty she’s bound to get the cold too.

Getting tired of that any time soon?

I know I am…

farmerinthecity wrote:

Getting tired of that any time soon?

I know I am…

Let someone else have a go on her so.

I laughed at that - well done

BenShermin wrote:

I’ve a nasty cold at the moment. I think it’s a relapse of last week when I caught a dreadful 24 hour dose that kept me outta work for a day.

I’d definately work through a cold which I plan do do tommorrow, but a flu on the other hand keeps me bed bound with snotty rags, lemslips and Jermey Kyle!

Funny aswell how the weather is so good and yet we all get Flus, Ireland is a fooked up place to live, a well at least we have a conversation starter for the next Joe Maxi driver we get!

Unless the taxi driver is black. he probably wont know what country he’s in.

Does your aunty know you still have a key to her house farmer?

Do you head over about 9.30am after she’s left in the morning?

Do you rifle through her knickers’ drawer?

Flano wrote:

BenShermin wrote:

[quote]I’ve a nasty cold at the moment. I think it’s a relapse of last week when I caught a dreadful 24 hour dose that kept me outta work for a day.

Unless the taxi driver is black. he probably wont know what country he’s in.[/quote]

Are you taking over from Ball Ox as resident racist Flano?

Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist! Flangos a racist!