Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

There was pictures of Boris with his arm around the american girl months back, with suggestions there was a sex for favours relationship.

There is a picture of Leo with his arm around a man, with suggestions of sex for favours relationship.

Whatā€™s the difference?

4 Likes

people havenā€™t been beaten up and discriminated against for being heterosexual

The difference maybe is that there is absolutely no doubt Boris was having sexual relations with that lady, and handing her taxpayer funded perks and contracts just so he could continue to do so.
If Leo or almost any other world leader did the same, he or she would be out on their ear. Itā€™s hard to fathom exactly how Boris is still in office.

You are playing the man here (paddy Cosgrove) rather than the ball.

1 Like

iā€™d say you are by inferring meaning from my post about him.

See what I did there

Thereā€™s nothing obvious from that tweet ā€” Even if he is suggesting there was sexual relations, how is that homophobic ffs? Do gays have sex with other gays? Lads looking to get outraged at everything - fucking hellā€¦

7 Likes

With respect - go shit in your hat ffsā€¦youā€™ve latched onto anything you could there.

The point is to choose a comparator. If you would treat them differently or react differently then it suggests youā€™re not treating the two people equally.

I donā€™t think you would respond the same if paddy made that jibe at McEntee, thatā€™s my point.

What has the stable relationship got to do with it? Isnā€™t Varadkar in a stable relationship? Should that change how you would respond? (Hint, no)

Thatā€™s seems to me a different response altogether to what you said earlier.

What ā€œballā€ is there to play? Cosgrave decided to aim a homophobic dog whistle at Varadkar. The issue is Cosgraveā€™s homophobia.

Anybody who has seen what Cosgrave posts on Twitter knows he lost the right to be taken in any way seriously a long time ago. Heā€™s a self-obsessed gobshite with nothing to say, who is desperate to keep himself relevant by saying any oulā€™ hateful shite.

The people Cosgraveā€™s posts are aimed at know exactly what they mean. Then he claims plausible deniability. Then useful idiots who donā€™t support him jump to his defence, not having a clue what theyā€™re doing.

What Cosgrave is doing is an example of the horseshoe effect. Heā€™s trying to unite the racist, homophobic far right with the ultra-cynical, tankie far left - and Iā€™m not talking about People Before Profit, Iā€™m talking about self-identified ā€œleftā€ people with no real ideology beyond ā€œburn it all downā€, ā€œPutin is some manā€ etc. etc. The far right is always the dominant player in that alliance.

And heā€™s doing it purely for his own narcissism.

1 Like

The same virtue signalling candidate who voted to drown migrants in the Mediterranean.

Exactly. Whatā€™s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Suggesting they were going at it for political/monetary benefits is nasty unless thereā€™s proof, iā€™m not sure anyone is defending that element of itā€¦ but the homophobia card is laughable. Standard FG tactic around Varadkar at this stage - theyā€™ve played it a few times with SF also.

I missed this lads, what innuendo is there about Wallace and Daly? Is Mick a beard?

In fairness, those comments were worse

Yes they have.

Youā€™ve either missed or ignored the point I made.

Where? Give some examples.

Anyone? Link to this?

I was on about you nose diving back to the 80s and psychoanalyzing the country then and Paddy attempting to tap into that energy through this photoā€¦ a bit loose itself.

By all means slate him for the suggesting that there was benefits to any relationship ā€¦but maybe iā€™m just a bit more evolved than the rest but I dont see homophobia in there at all. Gays have sex with other gaysā€¦ youā€™ve drawn all the rest of it out from your own issues with gay people.

Iā€™m not on about that fool ā€¦ there were a few other occasions they played it.